Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Just How Many People Get Guns Without a Background Check? Fast-Tracked Research

Here we go.... The anti's are going to "Gaslight" the 40% number now!
    They are going to "fast track" the "research"
    Dr. Deborah Azrael is anti-gun as they come. Just do a google search on her.
    So someone calls you and is asking about firearms that you acquired and you are going to answer the question? You would never answer the question except for one reason and that reason is this so called "research"! At any cost they want the 40% number.............. and to prove many of the gun owners never go through a background check!!

Just How Many People Get Guns Without a Background Check? Fast-Tracked Research Is Set to Provide an Answer

http://www.thetrace.org/2015/10/priv...vard-research/

Amid the controversy, a team of Harvard researchers are fast-tracking a major update to this fundamental gun debate statistic. Pulling data from a forthcoming study on gun ownership conducted by the university’s Injury Control Research Center, the scholars have landed on a figure set to corroborate the earlier finding: Harvard’s Dr. Deborah Azrael tells The Trace that of 2,072 gun owners the researchers surveyed, roughly 40 percent said they’d acquired their most recent firearm (through a sale or transfer) without going through a background check.

Azrael was not ready to provide specific numbers, as the research is still being readied for formal release, and those figures will merit thorough examination once they are made public.

In total, she estimates Harvard’s findings translate to 20 million guns that have been obtained without a background check.
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. George Orwell

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Just How Many People Get Guns Without a Background Check? Fast-Tracked Research

The every-day problem is armed robberies with handguns. There is no way those antis can begin to (much less want to) break down the categories of type of firearm, relationships of people on each side of the transfer, et cetera. It's a safe bet they aren't telling you they are counting a shotgun handed down from grandfather to son to son. Moreover, they probably are not bothering to break down guns used legally and guns used criminally. Their stats are beyond skewed.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Just How Many People Get Guns Without a Background Check? Fast-Tracked Research

Deborah Azrael, Ph.D., received her doctorate in health policy with a concentration in statistics and evaluative sciences. Dr. Azrael is Associate Director of the Harvard Youth Violence Prevention Center, and leads the Center’s collaboration with the City of Boston. As part of that work, Dr. Azrael has overseen development of a multi-tiered surveillance system designed to support city-wide policy planning and to allow multi-level analyses of neighborhood-level predictors of violence and injury-related outcomes for youth. Dr. Azrael is also a key member of the Injury Control Research Center’s firearms research program. Her recent work, with Drs. Miller, Hemenway and Hepburn, and Ms Barber, has focused on the relationship between access to firearms and homicide and suicide, as well as on evaluation of state gun laws
    Another made up position at a University for someone who can't get a job being a real doctor. What does all that bullshirt mean in her description?
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

(Carbon County)

The claim that 40 percent of gun sales do not go through a federal background check is false and comes from a decades-old survey that has been widely debunked.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2015...s-lie-debunked

http://humanevents.com/2013/01/17/th...ecked-gun-lie/

Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

(Chester County)

The trouble with statistics and studies and reports is that they never cover everything and can always be used to bolster someone's opinion.

My business partner retired in Florida. He has bought several handguns without a background check - in Florida both rifles and handguns can be sold FTF for private sales. I can believe 40% or more of FLA sales are made without a background check. He lives in The Villages, a retirement community of over 50,000 and the way he describes it the place is one huge flea market on weekends. Someone dies or gets too old to shoot and all the guns he owns gets sold off from a folding table on the front yard.

Does that make it wrong???

(Chester County)

Well, so what if it's 40 percent. I still don't get where I need the government's permission to purchase any firearm I choose from anyone I choose to purchase it from. Where in the Constitution is the footnote that says "shall not be infringed except for". Oh pardon me and my forgetfulness the Constitution no longer applies.
    Last edited by JenniferG; October 22nd, 2015 at 05:06 PM.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

I just got back from the 3900 Block of N Fairhill ST in phila and i got a deal on 2 Glock 7's i bought them from Hector he sells pistola's from the trunk of his toyota and does not require a background check or nothing and i'v never had a problem with him so i don't see what the big deal is.
    People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

Noob, Ask Hector about his NFA Bulk Buy Deals of the Week, you can get full auto ghost guns with the 800 rounds per second clips by the dozen. Hector also sells those shoulder things that go up and barrel shrouds for your glocks. Thats what he has for sale in the back seat. Those glocks were probably police trade ins
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

I really hope the number is higher, like way higher, close to 90% or something. I don't mean I hope they fudge the numbers to inflate it. I mean, I hope that is the actual number, 90% or so.
    I have never submitted to a BGC for a long gun, and never will. I wish more people didn't.
    Sic semper tyrannis

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast