Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Exclamation If Oregon was not enough...

http://www.cnn.com/videos/justice/20...t-newsroom.cnn

A damn 11 year old killed an 8 year old girl over a damn puppy. First he got the BB gun and after it jammed he went and got the 12 gauge.

The damn Dad is to blame for this shit, and the kid aint free from it either. Both should be locked up for murder and the kid should serve his sentence plus 7 years.

I don't know if he plays too many games and is jaded thinking people "re-spawn" or if he thinks a BB gun and a shotgun are the same damn thing. I never had a disconnect with reality when I was that age, and my first game was 007 and I had BB guns. One thing I also had was good parenting, and a strong moral base. This is a serious parenting issue.

Default Re: If Oregon was not enough...

That is a case of mental illness. AKA gun violence.

(Montgomery County)

In some ways this killing is worse that Oregon because it reflect a negligent gun owner who failed to take the kind of precautions that would have avoided the killing. Obviously at 11 years old a child ought to know that guns kill, so the boy probably intended to kill. Is that mental illness? That decision is beyond my pay grade. The incident also demonstrates how irresponsible parents fail to recognize their responsibility when it comes to gun ownership and keeping guns out of the hands of anyone that ought not be able to access guns whether due to immaturity, mental illness, demonstrated poor judgement, or because the person prohibited from access does not have gun safety and handling knowledge.

This kind of incident, like Oregon, does our cause no good. Personally, I believe that we ought top push to have negligent ownership of a gun that results in any level of harm to anyone ought to be prosecuted and publicized so that both gun owners and non-owners know that we responsible gun owners want to reduce such incidents to zero.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    In some ways this killing is worse that Oregon because it reflect a negligent gun owner who failed to take the kind of precautions that would have avoided the killing. Obviously at 11 years old a child ought to know that guns kill, so the boy probably intended to kill. Is that mental illness? That decision is beyond my pay grade. The incident also demonstrates how irresponsible parents fail to recognize their responsibility when it comes to gun ownership and keeping guns out of the hands of anyone that ought not be able to access guns whether due to immaturity, mental illness, demonstrated poor judgement, or because the person prohibited from access does not have gun safety and handling knowledge.

This kind of incident, like Oregon, does our cause no good. Personally, I believe that we ought top push to have negligent ownership of a gun that results in any level of harm to anyone ought to be prosecuted and publicized so that both gun owners and non-owners know that we responsible gun owners want to reduce such incidents to zero.
    And who do the children learn from, mom and dad.

(Clarion County)

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    And who do the children learn from, mom and dad.
    Or the flip side where there is minimal parental involvement.
    It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.

(Juniata County)

Don't care where he learned it. That's just excuses.

Rope. Neck. Drop.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001