Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Nockamixon Twp Noise Ordinance/ Gun Control Meeting

Quote Originally Posted by glocke12 View Post
    problem is the area has filled up with people from the suburbs and the cities who wanted to live in the "quiet country"...there is a guy down the road who runs a bed and breakfast, and a guy across the street both of whom are from Jersey who were absolutely appalled that people shoot guns up here...

The B&B guy actually drives up the road on a golf cart and will glare at me from the road until I am done shooting...
    I hope you aren't going to stop shooting because of him. If he doesn't like pa's country, go back to nj where you cant shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by BenFoo View Post
    Maybe he's just waiting for an invite?

Tell him he can fund supressors for you if the noise bothers him that much. =]
    he is certainly not waiting for an invite...we had words...something to the affect of:

Me: How's it going? Nice day isn't?

Him: Well, it would be except for all the noise!

Me: What noise would that be sir?

Him: You. I'm looking at the noise...

Me: Ok than...have a good day...

The guy is an emotionally unstable asshat whom I have also see whipping his dog after it's gotten loose.

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    I hope you aren't going to stop shooting because of him. If he doesn't like pa's country, go back to nj where you cant shoot.
    Not stopping...honestly I keep unsuppressed shooting to a minimum...once a week for maybe 30-60 min tops..

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by glocke12 View Post
    he is certainly not waiting for an invite...we had words...something to the affect of:

Me: How's it going? Nice day isn't?

Him: Well, it would be except for all the noise!

Me: What noise would that be sir?

Him: You. I'm looking at the noise...

Me: Ok than...have a good day...

The guy is an emotionally unstable asshat whom I have also see whipping his dog after it's gotten loose.

Open Carry tannerite party at Glocke's place!

Nothing has been proposed as of yet, but neighboring Bridgeton twp has proposed a restrictive one.

Here is the main issue. We have some people who shoot all weekend long for hours on end, and by hours I mean all day. I can see how some people can get upset by that. I would feel the same way if someone was using there chainsaw or tractor or barking dogs or loud music in the same manner. People need to have courtesy for one another. People also need to talk to one another. If my neighbor said that my shooting was disturbing them I would offer to give them fair warning or keep it to certain amount of time. If we can't learn to live with one another then we'll end up with stupid laws and ordinances.

I love being able to do mag dumps and blow off some tannerite but I am also mindful of my neighbors peace as well.
    We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.-Benjamin Franklin

(Bucks County)

Greetings,

7998, you got that right! I spoke with my closest neighbor (single gal) before I "opened" my range. I told her if she had any issues, needed some quiet time, etc. just to let me know and we'd work something out. She did mention this about a year later and we did come to a good resolution.

Funny thing though, between all the chain saws, tractors, log splitters, guns (I'm guilty on all counts) and other stuff the true "quiet time" is actually rather limited up here in the "country". I'll hear guys doing mag dumps and shot after shot of 12G all morning when I just want to sit on the deck, read a book and enjoy the day. So, what you said is right! We just need to communicate with each other and work things out WITHOUT involving the gov; that ends up doing no one any good and just creates bad feelings.

When I'm shooting, I do try to consider those who just want to enjoy a nice quiet day and "self limit" (slow fire and take breaks). It's so awesome being able to just walk out the door and shoot, that I don't want to jeopardize it by being "that guy". We have a right to shoot, but also have a responsibility to be cool to those around us. Hope things go well in Nok and that Bridgeton comes to their senses.

Regards, Jim

Quote Originally Posted by 7998 View Post
    People need to have courtesy for one another. People also need to talk to one another. If my neighbor said that my shooting was disturbing them I would offer to give them fair warning or keep it to certain amount of time. If we can't learn to live with one another then we'll end up with stupid laws and ordinances.

I love being able to do mag dumps and blow off some tannerite but I am also mindful of my neighbors peace as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jim-analog View Post
    Greetings,

7998, you got that right! I spoke with my closest neighbor (single gal) before I "opened" my range. I told her if she had any issues, needed some quiet time, etc. just to let me know and we'd work something out. She did mention this about a year later and we did come to a good resolution.

Funny thing though, between all the chain saws, tractors, log splitters, guns (I'm guilty on all counts) and other stuff the true "quiet time" is actually rather limited up here in the "country". I'll hear guys doing mag dumps and shot after shot of 12G all morning when I just want to sit on the deck, read a book and enjoy the day. So, what you said is right! We just need to communicate with each other and work things out WITHOUT involving the gov; that ends up doing no one any good and just creates bad feelings.

When I'm shooting, I do try to consider those who just want to enjoy a nice quiet day and "self limit" (slow fire and take breaks). It's so awesome being able to just walk out the door and shoot, that I don't want to jeopardize it by being "that guy". We have a right to shoot, but also have a responsibility to be cool to those around us. Hope things go well in Nok and that Bridgeton comes to their senses.

Regards, Jim
    How close are your neighbors?

(Bucks County)

Suppressors help?

(Bucks County)

Greetings,

Closer than I'd like, but far enough it's not an issue. Not trying to be a wise ass, just as specific as I'd like to be on a public forum.

Regards, Jim

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    How close are your neighbors?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12