Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default Delco LTCF process question

Hello everyone this is my first post on this site, I have been browsing on here the past we months and just registered an account today, it's amazing all the information and help you can get on here. So I bought my first firearm about a year ago, and have gone through safety classes and lots of time at the range and feel 100% confident in myself owning one. I bought originally for home defense but seeing how crazy this world is getting everyday I feel like I should register for my LTCF to protect myself outside of my home if need be. I will be going to the Delaware county courthouse to fill out the app but here is the problem that has been holding me back. It sounds crazy but I live with a very anti gun hippie and I don't want her to even know about me owning a gun, which I've had for the past year. I know when you go fill in the app they send you a response by mail when your approved. When I'm at work she is home to get the mail and go through it, and I don't want her to see a letter that I will have to explain what it is, if anyone could tell me what the return address says on the envolope that would be great. I'm guessing it will say Delaware county sheriffs department, I'm not sure how you could explain getting mail from the sheffifs department would be for, and I'm pretty sure they can't send the letter to a PO box. I know some of you will say why don't you just tell her about the firearm but it will just cause big problems along the road if she knows. But like I said the way this world is going, I'll be damned if I can't defend myself when someone if trying to do harm to me or my family

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Delco LTCF process question

Hi and welcome to the board. Just an FYI...you posted in the "Pistol" section whereas this inquiry is probably best placed in the "Delaware County" section. In any case, yes, the correspondence will indicate it's from the Sheriff's office. Don't know what to tell you about the roommate situation. Are you certain she's not a prohibited person? How will you be storing the weapon? Hopefully, secured in a gun safe. Sound likes you need to eventually change living arrangements. Is there any thing about gun ownership in your lease? I'm not a lawyer, but I think that would be the only way she could legally take action if she has a problem with you exercising your legal and Constitutionally protected right.
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt