Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Angry New Jersey's Gun Control Trap

One more reason to never enter Anti-gun New Jersey!

From the police officer who arrested her, to the DA who OK the arrest, to the Judge who placed a $50,000 bond on her.
    Is it any wonder why people do not trust or respect the government any more? This is a true travesty of justice!
    A waste of the court, DA, and law enforcement!!! New Jersey government full of insane progressives who will throw you in
    jail however they can when they want to make a point. We don't like guns or gun owners and you will be treated as such.

New Jersey's Gun Control Trap

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2015...n-control-trap

"They basically told me I'm one step below a murderer in the eyes of the New Jersey court."

So says Mia Higginbotham, who once counted herself among the millions of legal, gun-owning Americans. That is, until the State of New Jersey turned her world upside down.

Higginbotham's story starts the way many gun owners’ do: when she purchased a firearm for self-defense. But when it came time for her to transport her legal handgun from New Jersey to her new home in Florida – well, that’s when the problems started. One phone call later found Higginbotham in handcuffs in Newark Airport. Her alleged crime? Illegal possession of a handgun she legally owns, but a second-degree New Jersey felony nonetheless.

As most Second Amendment supporters know by now, New Jersey has some of the toughest gun control laws in the country. Would-be gun owners must apply for a permit before purchasing firearms. The process is so arduous that by the time there’s any response, it can sometimes be too late. For others, simple misunderstandings can lead a law-abiding gun owner too looking at fines, criminal charges, and even jail time.

In Higginbotham's case, once she was arrested at Newark Airport, she was taken to jail, where a judge set her bail at $50,000. “These gun laws are ruining peoples’ lives,” said Higginbotham. She would know. Yet the state of New Jersey, unfortunately, keeps adding to its tally of gun-control victims, and in the process, putting one more innocent woman “one step below a murderer.” New Jersey’s gun control insanity must end!

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. George Orwell

Default Re: New Jersey's Gun Control Trap

NJ is a cesspool.
    Most of the people that live in NJ deserve to live there.
    FUCK BIDEN

I have to say, if Evan Nappen were not involved, I'd seriously question this story's truthfulness. A Google search for "Mia Higginbotham" doesn't turn up any stories about this arrest except for 3rd-hand stories on gun forums; but her name comes up in Florida 11 years ago in connection with an arrest for insurance fraud. And there's a fundraising page for her. No news stories about an arrest, no other versions of the facts.

I'd like to know a bit more. I believe that NJ would do this, because NJ has done it before, many times, targeting otherwise law-abiding folks. I would just like to see some impartial evidence of what really happened here.

http://gogetfunding.com/mia-higginbo...-defense-fund/

Mia Higginbotham, DC, 1590 NE 162 Street, #400, North Miami Beach
    (Arrested for insurance fraud on 10/21/04)
    Mugshots.com ID: 62816549
    Name: HIGGINBOTHAM, MIA
    DOB: 9/06/1967
    Court Case No: F-04-031663
    State Case No: 13-2004-CF-031663-0001-XX
    Date Filed: 10/22/2004
    Date Closed: 11/15/2004
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

A national reciprocity law (NOT a federal carry license), will be a pretty simple solution to all these NJ tyrant abuses of power. If we get a Republican in the white house next year, it'll be an easy law to pass. We could be carrying legally into NJ in just a few years from now, conceivably.

(Lancaster County)

^ Media coverup perhaps? We know what side the news media is on, and continued reporting of this kind of story would drum up public support to repeal NJ's laws, which is something they don't want to happen. They're not above burying stories--it's at least 50% if not 95% of their business to pick which stories NOT to run.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    NJ is a cesspool.
    Most of the people that live in NJ deserve to live there.
    Please. Ridiculous.