Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Oct 2, 3, 4 Oaks Gunshow

Quote Originally Posted by Remington788 View Post
    Totally off topic, but if you buy a stripped lower, do you have to decide what you are going to make of it when you buy it? I.e. I assume if you buy it as a rifle, you can't make it a pistol (without more paperwork?)
    If you buy it as a pistol, can you still make it a rifle?
    I've come across this before. It's to my knowledge, that in one case you can register as rifle and later change it to pistol ... but if you register it as a pistol, you can't change it to a rifle later on .... I think.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Thompson View Post
    I've come across this before. It's to my knowledge, that in one case you can register as rifle and later change it to pistol ... but if you register it as a pistol, you can't change it to a rifle later on .... I think.

I think you have it backwards. Pistol to rifle is ok (and back again), but not the reverse. Once a rifle, always a rifle (or sbr). Or so I understand...

Quote Originally Posted by Suburban View Post
    there was a camper with pop-outs taking up 4 prime spots, and an H1 Hummer taking up two more.
    Around the right side? They were still there Sunday, it seemed like almost every third spot close to the door was occupied by a trailer.

Parking wasn't too bad, definitely justified by the size. Will go again (unless they start charging for parking).
    Last edited by greenjohn88; October 5th, 2015 at 12:50 PM.

(Delaware County)

Went to the show yesterday, later in the day. Not much of a crowd, which is the way I like it. No fart sniffers in my group either.

Overall, the show seemed quiet and a lot of the vendors were just looking to wrap up and get out. Can't say I don't blame them........long weekend sitting at a table with a lot of tire kickers walking around like zombies........

I was surprised to see new Ar-15 buyers looking to get a rifle at this show. I listened in on a couple conversations and these guys don't seem to have a clue what to look for. They were more interested in how the rifle looked vs. how it shot. One guy let his son pick the rifle and it had nothing to do with quality, but graphics.......watch out for killer graphics.

I guess the Dec show will be better......one can only hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Suburban View Post

The parking situation was not as horrible as it sometimes is. They didn't tape off the whole front set of parking spots like they often do, although there was a camper with pop-outs taking up 4 prime spots, and an H1 Hummer taking up two more.

Probably one of the dealers. Lots of them stay in motorhomes , some in pop-ups. Beats hotel rates.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

I went on Friday and got there shorty before 4pm. Parking was okay and the crowd was almost nonexistent at the gunshow, I suspect the weather made many reconsider driving out. There were also lots of empty tables, I assume for the same reason; weather keeping vendors from arriving on time or vendors just not wanting to deal with it. At any it suited me fine as I liked being able to look at pretty much whatever I wanted without waiting in line and to move without pushing past groups of people stopped in the middle of the aisle for no reason.

Ammo was reasonable and I ended up leaving with a lot of 7.62x39. I go for the milsurp and I saw a lot of good deals and a very good assortment of guns you don't usually see many of. I found a nice numbers matching French Mas36 at Bri's guns that I left with for a very fair price. As others have said the owner was excellent to deal with.

All in all I thought it was a solid, laid back show.
    Repeal the 17th Amendment

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678