Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Glock 19 mods

(Susquehanna County)

Default Re: Glock 19 mods

Starfighter sez: Rear was a BEE-YOTCH to install
    One sure way to make it easier is to use the MGW rear sight tool for Glocks. Install from right to left.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Bucks County)

I like this slide cover plate, very deep grooves... https://www.diproductsinc.com/Detail...23247&CAT=3606
    Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brick View Post
    One sure way to make it easier is to use the MGW rear sight tool for Glocks. Install from right to left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brick View Post
    Starfighter sez: Rear was a BEE-YOTCH to install
    Well, looking back at how difficult that was, had I known I would have definitely gone for that tool you describe. Only about $30 on eBay. Information about direction of install will be useful to others. I know I followed instructions but I don't remember that part. The instructions from Trijicon, plus the video I watched, didn't mention the possibility that the fit could be excessively tight. Nice to know also, this is an inexpensive to sight-in the firearm.

I forgot, I did an additional mod - I polished whatever piece of the trigger assembly, I think the connector, with Flitz polish. Perhaps that's the $0.25 mod people mention. It already comes all finished and brite, but I figured what the hey, since it's apart. I don't think I've had the weapon stripped down that far, actually apart, ever since. The firing pin, for cleaning, is as far as I go.

Also learned about the dry firing, breach-face failures. Interesting to me because it always sounds like the metal goes "Ouch!" when I dry fire. Never thought it was completely "harmless". Of course I do it once in awhile. I find that practicing placing sights on a target, as fast as possible, is the real skill. Once you've determined that you're not jerking the gun when pulling the trigger (using the dummy round test at the range during training) you really don't need to pull the trigger as much as just practice leading with the front sight and getting the muzzle on target. IMHO
    I ain't hiding from nobody, nobody hiding from me. That's the way it's 'sposed to be.-RVZ

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123