Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Constitution class

On a related note..

I went down to Philly this week with my son's school class, to the National Constitution Center, the Liberty Bell, and Independence Hall. While in the NCC, we saw a multi media live show on the Constitution and it's history. I will tell you, I cried. I cried thinking about the perilous situation our fore-fathers put themselves in, how they risked their reputations, freedom, and their very lives, to throw off the yoke of subjugation and to create something the world had never seen, but that so many had yearned for. I cried thinking about the bastardized version of their dream, that we call America, today, and about how slump shouldered they would be, if they could see what the fruit of their devotion has become.

I took my son through the exhibits, not sure which of us was more enthralled, well, OK, I am fairly sure it was me.. I stood within feet of where these devoted men, argued and discussed what would be the single most important political document ever crafted... surrounded by Wackenhut armed security as I was...

It solidified my beliefs in what this country could, and should be.

I would strongly recommend that anyone coming into the area, stop and spend some time among these hallowed relics...

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(Franklin County)

D'ja OC?
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    On a related note..

I went down to Philly this week with my son's school class, to the National Constitution Center, the Liberty Bell, and Independence Hall. While in the NCC, we saw a multi media live show on the Constitution and it's history. I will tell you, I cried. I cried thinking about the perilous situation our fore-fathers put themselves in, how they risked their reputations, freedom, and their very lives, to throw off the yoke of subjugation and to create something the world had never seen, but that so many had yearned for. I cried thinking about the bastardized version of their dream, that we call America, today, and about how slump shouldered they would be, if they could see what the fruit of their devotion has become.

I took my son through the exhibits, not sure which of us was more enthralled, well, OK, I am fairly sure it was me.. I stood within feet of where these devoted men, argued and discussed what would be the single most important political document ever crafted... surrounded by Wackenhut armed security as I was...

It solidified my beliefs in what this country could, and should be.

I would strongly recommend that anyone coming into the area, stop and spend some time among these hallowed relics...

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carnes View Post
    Yes.

What is your point?
    You don't think that a federal government-controlled and funded "public" "education" system, mandating the education of the youth in such manners as "Republicanism", "natural rights", and "taxation without representation" is even the slighest bit ironic?

How about this... imagine you've got no kids.... and you're still paying for it!

Sound like something the FF's would have jumped right on?

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by thatJeffguy View Post
    D'ja OC?
    Actually, I nOC'd. The double mega super combo of school trip, coupled with federal prohibitions, and fully realized irony, caused me to not bring the 15 shooter.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(Franklin County)

Actually, I nOC'd. The double mega super combo of school trip, coupled with federal prohibitions, and fully realized irony, caused me to not bring the 15 shooter.
    I'm sure part of your crying was due to that absurdity. Good job takin' the youngin' (s?) to see Philly. It was a nice city, maybe it will be again some day.

When I was in Gettysburg, which is just over the mountain, I "wasn't allowed" to carry in the nice new museum (that I paid for, both involuntarily and through donations). The lady giving the tour was telling us about how the great Union army defended the Constitution blah blah, I asked "If this museum is about the defense of the Constitution, why am I not allowed to carry a weapon in here?". Screeching halt, paranoid looks by everyone, half-assed answer about how it was "federal" property. I said "If the South would have won, they wouldn't have prohibited me from carrying a sidearm nor would they have stolen my money to build some museum where my rights don't exist".

Awkward pauses just seem to surround me when I open my mouth ;-)

Kudos, again.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by thatJeffguy View Post
    You don't think that a federal government-controlled and funded "public" "education" system, mandating the education of the youth in such manners as "Republicanism", "natural rights", and "taxation without representation" is even the slighest bit ironic?

How about this... imagine you've got no kids.... and you're still paying for it!

Sound like something the FF's would have jumped right on?
    Okay, I'm tracking.

Well, I abhor the fact that we have a "federally controlled and funded public education system." However, I think that one way to help fix that problem is by educating our kids in that system about natural rights and the founding principals of our nation. I'd want to throw in some mandatory firearms handling and safety instruction as well. But yeah, I see the irony.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carnes View Post
    Okay, I'm tracking.
    10-4 brother, glad I could bring ya to the light ;-)

Well, I abhor the fact that we have a "federally controlled and funded public education system."
    You're IFF is bleeping "FRIEND" right now brother, I like ya more and more :-)

However, I think that one way to help fix that problem is by educating our kids in that system about natural rights and the founding principals of our nation. I'd want to throw in some mandatory firearms handling and safety instruction as well. But yeah, I see the irony.
    I agree with everything you've said. I think that parents should teach these things to their children. If a group of parents all desires that their children be educated in the same manner, they can hire a teacher (at their expense) or select a parent to provide said education.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it ;-)

(Franklin County)

Ya it is ironic that you can't carry there...

(Adams County)

new link on youtube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-a_yR1jzHY

tried to watch, does anyone else get this error?

We're sorry, but this video may not be available.

If this video was recently uploaded, it may still be processing.
    If this video is yours, you can check its status.
    Last edited by robertlowery1970; January 20th, 2013 at 02:32 AM. Reason: answer to question

Krissane Hall is another good one!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast