Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Juniata County)

Default Two interactions today: had to talk to the police.

I know, I know.
    Was walking out of the Starbucks when a early 30s/late 20s asked me, loudly "what I was that I was carrying a gun" he was by his car, & being on 11/15 I figured he might be from out of State. PA tags. I said "just a dad". He said he spent 8 years in the marines & that is why he asks Dumb questions. I replied I have 12 years in the Arnh with a contract for another 6. This visibly relaxed him.

Then I went to the local PSP barracks (Lewistown) to report fraud charges on my bank/Visa card. All the cars were out, but the lady took my info & called a car back. Few minutes go by & I hear "why the fuck does he have to have a gun.
    I had noticed a weapons maybe confiscated, people subject to search sticker on the door leading into the not public area. Of course this area includes holding cells.

1 trooper came out, another stayed behind the glass. He took the info I had, & remained professional. Not sure I He was the one who expressed an opinion or not. He did ask why I did not concealed & I just said no reasion to.

They didn't ask for my LTCF, wouldn't be supprised if they had already run it. He asked if I had any plans the rest of the weekend & I said just tondrop my check off & get caught up on yard work, then head back into work tomorrow. He asked where I worked, & he knew one of the other paramedics.

Never took be back past the common area. Notsure what their normal process is I've only been to the barracks on an ambulance & never that barracks.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Chester County)

Default Re: Two interactions today: had to talk to the police.

The older I get the crankier... I might have said, "who the fuck wants to know why I have a gun?"

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    The older I get the crankier... I might have said, "who the fuck wants to know why I have a gun?"
    ^^^This^^^

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    He did ask why I did not concealed
    "Why don't you?"
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Perry County)

I know, I know.
    Was walking out of the Starbucks when a early 30s/late 20s asked me, loudly "what I was that I was carrying a gun" he was by his car, & being on 11/15 I figured he might be from out of State. PA tags. I said "just a dad". He said he spent 8 years in the marines & that is why he asks Dumb questions. I replied I have 12 years in the Arnh with a contract for another 6. This visibly relaxed him.

Then I went to the local PSP barracks (Lewistown) to report fraud charges on my bank/Visa card. All the cars were out, but the lady took my info & called a car back. Few minutes go by & I hear "why the fuck does he have to have a gun.
    I had noticed a weapons maybe confiscated, people subject to search sticker on the door leading into the not public area. Of course this area includes holding cells.

1 trooper came out, another stayed behind the glass. He took the info I had, & remained professional. Not sure I He was the one who expressed an opinion or not. He did ask why I did not concealed & I just said no reasion to.

They didn't ask for my LTCF, wouldn't be supprised if they had already run it. He asked if I had any plans the rest of the weekend & I said just tondrop my check off & get caught up on yard work, then head back into work tomorrow. He asked where I worked, & he knew one of the other paramedics.

Never took be back past the common area. Notsure what their normal process is I've only been to the barracks on an ambulance & never that barracks.
    Depends. I did both. Usually, if the lobby was empty and the incident was small, I'd just grab the info in the lobby. Something more complex or with a lobby full of people then it was "come on back" to get the info. Most PSP, at least the ones I worked with, were pro-gun. But there is always that handful that aren't. Our property room Trooper used to wand everyone before she brought them in to get property back. If I wasn't bringing you in as a criminal, I just brought you back unless something big was going on. Like a dangerous prisoner or a barracks full of bigwigs working on something. Then I'd find somewhere else to get my information.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    "Why don't you?"
    "I always do when I'm not in uniform" would have been the likely answer. Been carrying a gun for 29 years and I've concealed unless I was hunting or working in uniform. If I wasn't familiar with this place, I'd probably look at open carry differently than I do. That's what brought me here, I was researching it. I had a gun store owner bitching at me wanting to know if open carry was legal because some guy he knew did it and he thought it was not OK.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    Depends. I did both. Usually, if the lobby was empty and the incident was small, I'd just grab the info in the lobby. Something more complex or with a lobby full of people then it was "come on back" to get the info. Most PSP, at least the ones I worked with, were pro-gun. But there is always that handful that aren't. Our property room Trooper used to wand everyone before she brought them in to get property back. If I wasn't bringing you in as a criminal, I just brought you back unless something big was going on. Like a dangerous prisoner or a barracks full of bigwigs working on something. Then I'd find somewhere else to get my information.
    I was somewhat surprised, as I've only ever had netural or post is interactions with that barracks. There is always one guy.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

Then I went to the local PSP barracks All the cars were out, but the lady took my info & called a car back.

Few minutes go by & I hear "why the fuck does he have to have a gun.
    Because I watch the news , read the papers and obviously , there's never a cop around when ya need one!
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    Someone rep the Jarhead for me! I'm out of ammo!

(Fayette County)

I'll say one thing, in today's climate it takes balls ocing in a so barracks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast