Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: First time asked to cover up: Via Marconi's Pizza Pub

Quote Originally Posted by Gman106 View Post
    I got the joke but the real joke is requiring a four year college degree or military plus a two year degree to join most police agencies these days. They're missing out on some otherwise good and qualified candidates though I am partial to some favor for prior military service. No one needs four years of keg parties and a worthless degree in Art History in order to qualify to be a cop. Degree elitism bs at it's best.
    I did not get it but I agree with your post,I'm not sure why the "joke" even came up in the first place....Philly top cop Ramsey,in his infinite wisdom has included the requirement for new PPD hirees to have a certain amount of college credits as if that is going to bring in higher quality potential officers and the months spent in the training academy somehow is not enough...end derail.
    Last edited by Krichardson; September 5th, 2015 at 02:17 PM.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    I did not get it but I agree with your post,I'm not sure why the "joke" even came up in the first place....Philly top cop Ramsey,in his infinite wisdom has included the requirement for new PPD hirees to have a certain amount of college credits as if that is going to bring in higher quality potential officers and the months spent in the training academy somehow is not enough...end derail.
    I have to say given he history of Philly pd, it is clear that higher standards are needed. I don't think there is a year in my life where they have not murdered someone or lost a civil rights lawsuit. Hell, every member on this forum should be able to think of at least two just involving our members.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    I have to say given he history of Philly pd, it is clear that higher standards are needed. I don't think there is a year in my life where they have not murdered someone or lost a civil rights lawsuit. Hell, every member on this forum should be able to think of at least two just involving our members.
    The PPD is not without it's problems but having a college degree does not guarantee a better officer.I like the term that was used earlier. ..degree elitism.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gman106 View Post
    I got the joke but the real joke is requiring a four year college degree or military plus a two year degree to join most police agencies these days. They're missing out on some otherwise good and qualified candidates though I am partial to some favor for prior military service. No one needs four years of keg parties and a worthless degree in Art History in order to qualify to be a cop. Degree elitism bs at it's best.
    I think the behavior of PSP vs the behavior of other large depts in the Commonwelath shows why a degree matters.
    Although it would be nice if it was in history, legal studies, or Consitutional law.
    Given the number of guilty people who are going to walk because of Stingrays. A baseline of a Master's in "the Rights of man", "the Rights of he English" or "the Consitution motherfucker" would be a great baseline.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Bucks County)

Left a note on their FB wall.
    It's all fun and games, until someone loses an eye. Then it is hilarious.

(Berks County)

So would a sweat shirt from community collage be reason enough to have to cover up? If you dont have the ccw then the request is illeagal. Is that type of carrier less desirable? We have no law against open carry. Thats good enough for me. Im not bothered by a person with a gun on their hip. I dont care what they look like. It would be how they act that would make me concerned. Not going back might not be the answer. If none of their customers like guns they might put up those stupid stickers. Then the a holes win. Yes it was rude to ask a repeat customer to hide their gun. Was the offended party a better customer? If you dont ask you wont know. Most businesses dont want to be socal activists. They just want to serve as many paying customers as they can.

(York County)

Guns or no guns, I won't take my family, or myself, to places that openly and publicly admit that regularly serve alcohol to a class of people whose behavior they can't trust.

I read through many of the Facebook reviews on their page, and the reviews are generally horrendous. Apparently deservedly so. Not my idea of a family-friendly place and not someplace I would ever go, or go twice.

OP, look around. You can find better places to spend your money. This place sounds like a dive, especially after the Facebook response.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Warren County)

College typically indoctrinates, rather than educates.
    Typical college graduate has had "common sense" replaced with conditioned responses and liberal viewpoints.

Re: hiring practices of cops...
    There should be a psychological battery of tests available to identify a person's tendency to be a bully.
    Also some simple judgment and decision making skills should be evaluated.

That kind of screening would be far more valuable than just setting the bar at "Kollige Gradu-ate".

Since I typically don't OC, I don't have a dog in that fight, but I gotta think my response would have been along the lines of "No".
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    Guns or no guns, I won't take my family, or myself, to places that openly and publicly admit that regularly serve alcohol to a class of people whose behavior they can't trust.

I read through many of the Facebook reviews on their page, and the reviews are generally horrendous. Apparently deservedly so. Not my idea of a family-friendly place and not someplace I would ever go, or go twice.

OP, look around. You can find better places to spend your money. This place sounds like a dive, especially after the Facebook response.
    I was curious and checked their Facebook page, I wish I still had an account, the comments were hilarious.
    "Crap,crap,crap I tried to give another chance but you still suck"

Lol, great endorsement on your page for your establishment

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345