Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: First time asked to cover up: Via Marconi's Pizza Pub

If I owned a pizza joint and a customer complained, I would have asked you to cover it up also. Here's why; I'm just trying to make a living selling pie and I do not want a scene in my joint. The complainer might not be some intellectual, liberal turd who is offended that your gun trumps his intellect.

It could be the aggressive, tough guy bully that likes to settle things with his hands- like the asshole that accosted the oc'er in the Giant that was recently told here.
    OC all you want, but have a thought for the business owner that's trying to scrape by and has to cater to all kinds of delicate sensibilities.

I'm not talking about the business that puts the pistol in a circle with a line through it on the front door- fuck them. I'm talking about the business that appreciates that you carry but just want you to keep it discreet.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    I'd ask to see the manager. Then I'd ask how much business they are willing to lose because of one complainer. Put the focus back on the whiner.
    I'd have asked the woman if a robber came into shop would they request that he covers his gun.Shit,for all they knew the op could have been a L.E.O...

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by cdi View Post
    If I owned a pizza joint and a customer complained, I would have asked you to cover it up also. Here's why; I'm just trying to make a living selling pie and I do not want a scene in my joint. The complainer might not be some intellectual, liberal turd who is offended that your gun trumps his intellect.

It could be the aggressive, tough guy bully that likes to settle things with his hands- like the asshole that accosted the oc'er in the Giant that was recently told here.
    OC all you want, but have a thought for the business owner that's trying to scrape by and has to cater to all kinds of delicate sensibilities.

I'm not talking about the business that puts the pistol in a circle with a line through it on the front door- fuck them. I'm talking about the business that appreciates that you carry but just want you to keep it discreet.
    This agrees with my earlier point. The owner/manager is not an activist on either side but just wants to sell pizza. There is apparently no blanket No Gun policy and OP was not asked to leave, which is their private property right. Seems to me the request was fair and of course, you always had the option to stay or leave. Personally, I would not boycott the establishment based on this specific event...especially if the food is any good!
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    I'd have asked the woman if a robber came into shop would they request that he covers his gun.Shit,for all they knew the op could have been a L.E.O...
    No they knew he was not a LEO, he had a college shirt on.

Good on the OP for covering up. You've got to put your kids first that's probably one of the top reasons you carry anyway. They don't care about your preferred carry method when they're hungry. They just care that they're hungry.
    Let's not forget there are still species of tropical penguins living in the Galapagos.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Well in all fairness it's been hot and shower time appears to be really limited in Muslim households.
    How many Muslim households have you been in?

Quote Originally Posted by Crow Mag View Post
    How many Muslim households have you been in?
    You don't have too be in someones house to smell them, however I have been in quite a few since I used to install, maintain, and repair telco equipment.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by donotknowme View Post
    Right....because an off duty officer would not be caught dead wearing a shirt that bears he name of the college that he attended.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ahearn View Post
    The stupidity of asking him to cover it is beyond me . Do the morons think that because he covered it up it magically disappeared and left the establishment.
    Yup!!

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by donotknowme View Post

Good on the OP for covering up. You've got to put your kids first that's probably one of the top reasons you carry anyway. They don't care about your preferred carry method when they're hungry. They just care that they're hungry.
    Yep!

Life is full of compromises. You could have made a scene and still "lost" by cementing in the mind of the owners that all gun carriers are abusive cocks, which would have resulted in a sticker with a gun with a line through it on the door. Instead you showed courtesy to the establishment, which hopefully was appreciated. They have to cater to the armed and stupid alike.

The main point to take away here was that you had your family with you and you took care of them. You got your child fed without a melt down in public and you were armed and capable of protecting them should the need have arisen.

Would I consider speaking to the owner on the side later about it, possibly. But again, just as with what happened with Starbucks, if you poke a dog too much, you may not like the result. If you really like the food at this place, concealing isn't the worst compromise you are ever going to have to make in life.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Lancaster County)

Although I've never been asked I would cover up if asked by owner/manager. What I won't do is take it to the car and come back.

Like he said, you appear the bigger man to onlookers which is better than looking like a confrontational nut job.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast