Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: First time asked to cover up: Via Marconi's Pizza Pub

Let's see. I'm a customer waiting to be seated or waiting for my food or even already seated and eating, and I see you wearing an exposed holstered handgun, and I "complain to the manager". Just what the hell is that? I'd have asked what is the complaint? Are the complaining people leaving, resulting in you losing business?
    They are not leaving? So they do not fear for their safety, they simply want to control me. Let me think about this for a bit, OK?
    Last edited by Bang; September 4th, 2015 at 09:14 PM.

They simply want to control me.
    And there you have it folks.

Right now some d-bag is on some Anti gun site telling all his ass hat friends how they were out eating pizza and thwarted another gun carrying menace to society by shutting them down in their open carrying tracks. Meanwhile all the "menace" wanted to do was eat a slice of pizza with his family and go home.
    Last edited by Hodgie; September 4th, 2015 at 09:19 PM.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    I get uncomfortable anytime I see a moslem covered up. To easy to hide bombs. Women are common suicide bombers.

Can you imagine the shitstorm that would happen if you told a manger that you didn't feel comfortable with the muslim family sitting at the next booth?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Can you imagine the shitstorm that would happen if you told a manger that you didn't feel comfortable with the muslim family sitting at the next booth?
    Well in all fairness it's been hot and shower time appears to be really limited in Muslim households.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Yeah, but us 'fringe Open Carry-three-percenters-militia-patriot-weirdos' don't count. Nevermind I was wearing my alma mater t-shirt (a top 15 in the world ranked university in ALL of the rankings), was with my mom, who is the grandmother to my toddler daughter that I was watching over like a good dad. Nevermind that I hold doors for people, always smile when eye contact is made, and always have a clean shave and well-cut hair.

Meanwhile, the 'transitioning' muscle bound male who identifies as a female is allowed to share the locker rooms and bathrooms with little girls and women, because, you know, we need to recognize everyone's civil rights. The hypocrisy is appalling.

while I'm at it, I'll admit something.

I did feel a 'flash' of, for lack of a better word, embarrassment just as I pulled my t-shirt over the revolver. While I would never belittle the indignation and true brutality that some 'marginalized' groups have felt in the recent past due to active and government sanctioned discrimination, I think the momentary and fleeting pulse of embarrassment does stem from the same origins of all unjust and bigoted discrimination. this is even more evidence that attacks and complicity in attacks against gun-rights is the same type of moral atrocity as any other attack on any other civil liberty.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Let's see. I'm a customer waiting to be seated or waiting for my food or even already seated and eating, and I see you wearing an exposed holstered handgun, and I "complain to the manager". Just what the hell is that? I'd have asked what is the complaint? Are the complaining people leaving, resulting in you losing business?
    They are not leaving? So they do not fear for their safety, they simply want to control me. Let me think about this for a bit, OK?

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    And there you have it folks.

Right now some d-bag is on some Anti gun site telling all his ass hat friends how they were out eating pizza and thwarted another gun carrying menace to society by shutting them down in their open carrying tracks. Meanwhile all the "menace" wanted to do was eat a slice of pizza with his family and go home.

^Thread winner, right here. +rep to Bang for saying it and Hodgie for catching it. It has always been about control.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by American1776 View Post
    while I'm at it, I'll admit something.

I did feel a 'flash' of, for lack of a better word, embarrassment just as I pulled my t-shirt over the revolver.
    To them they won. And, so did the property owner by you staying, even after they embarrassed you. They may be more prone to curtail the rights of others in the future. It may even have set their policy.

Be safe (and score one for "them").

Scott

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

I'd ask to see the manager. Then I'd ask how much business they are willing to lose because of one complainer. Put the focus back on the whiner.

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    I'd ask to see the manager. Then I'd ask how much business they are willing to lose because of one complainer. Put the focus back on the whiner.
    I asked if she was the manager and she responded with 'yes'.

The only reason I did not have a follow up conversation was b/c I had my daughter and mother with me. Leaving at that point wasn't a viable option.

The more i think on it, the more I realize what a shitty thing it was to ask of a paying customer

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast