Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Scar 17s optic recommendations

I had Elcan 1-4x but was not as fast as eotech in close range and not enough magnification at med-to long range
    Looking for the perfect optic

(Lawrence County)

Default Re: Scar 17s optic recommendations

I don't think you are going to find everything you want in one optic. A holo sight or red dot for close up stuff and quick target acquisition, but high power magnification from a scope. Two tasks, two different pieces of equipment. My first thought would be an eotech with a magnifier but your still only going to get 3-4x magnification. Then theres trijicon Acogs but also only lower powered magnification.

My best advice would be to look at what people are using on their 3-gun set ups as they are normally going from close range to long range with an emphasis on speed and some on accuracy. From what I have seen they are using variable power scopes with a throw down lever to change magnification on the fly, some also use 45 degree iron sights or a small red dot/holo sight like an RMR mounted on a 45 degree mount or piggy backed on the scope.

Maybe look into a variable power scope with an illuminated reticle? You can get one of the Primary Arms ones for not a lot of money to try it out.
    It seems highly necessary that some thing shou'd be done to maintain the liberty - G.W.

Default Re: Scar 17s optic recommendations

I too have been looking for a suitable optic, though it seems I may be required by law to buy an Elcan first. There are several 1-6x scopes that may do the job, my own research has led me to a short list: VCOG, Nightforce 2.5-10x, CQBSS and CRS. Check out the FN forum, get your hands on some optics, and make the best choice for you.