Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Negative Encounter at the Kutztown Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch10mm View Post
    I would have gave the silent treatment.
    That would have been my choice too based upon the tone of his first question.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Indiana County)

The OP responded the way he responded at the time. Now he knows a little bit better and, if necessary, will adjust his reaction to such blather in the future if need be.

It sounds like he wanted to provoke you into a fight. He obviously isn't 'afraid' of guns, like some anti-gun folks are. He may even be on payroll for Moms demand whatever group, or Bloomburp's organization. He may have even been video recording the entire encounter just hoping to be able to upload on the boobtube a cleverly edited recording that depicts an OCer 'verbally abusing a responsible citizen standing up because he saw something and said something'. that sort of bs.

We OCers are not the only ones who record our 'encounters'. I'm sure there are some anti-groups who plant nobs like these just hoping to record something that would make all gun owners look ugly.

(Berks County)

Thanks for the construction criticism, suggestions, and laughs, all! Glad to see the responses.

Quote Originally Posted by American1776 View Post
    It sounds like he wanted to provoke you into a fight. He obviously isn't 'afraid' of guns, like some anti-gun folks are. He may even be on payroll for Moms demand whatever group, or Bloomburp's organization. He may have even been video recording the entire encounter just hoping to be able to upload on the boobtube a cleverly edited recording that depicts an OCer 'verbally abusing a responsible citizen standing up because he saw something and said something'. that sort of bs.

We OCers are not the only ones who record our 'encounters'. I'm sure there are some anti-groups who plant nobs like these just hoping to record something that would make all gun owners look ugly.
    That thought went through my mind during the altercation. He suddenly ratcheted up his tone and his rhetoric at a random point in the discussion, almost as if he wanted to goad me, and it didn't work. Then he shouted some more and finally stomped off. Not sure if he was recording anything, or if he just wanted to pick a fight because his wife yelled at him for letting the coffee run out or his kid mouthed off to him, or what.

Either way, fun all around!

I'm also wondering if he's a professor at the University. He sort of had that look and had the demeanor of one who enjoys a position of petty authority. Actually, he kind of looked and acted like that jackass reporter from the first two Die Hard movies, except with a beard and a lot more unhinged.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexington View Post
    Thanks for the construction criticism, suggestions, and laughs, all! Glad to see the responses.

That thought went through my mind during the altercation. He suddenly ratcheted up his tone and his rhetoric at a random point in the discussion, almost as if he wanted to goad me, and it didn't work. Then he shouted some more and finally stomped off. Not sure if he was recording anything, or if he just wanted to pick a fight because his wife yelled at him for letting the coffee run out or his kid mouthed off to him, or what.

Either way, fun all around!

I'm also wondering if he's a professor at the University. He sort of had that look and had the demeanor of one who enjoys a position of petty authority. Actually, he kind of looked and acted like that jackass reporter from the first two Die Hard movies, except with a beard and a lot more unhinged.
    While a great many of college professor are to varying degrees anti-rights---rest assured, not all are like that. good job staying cool.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by stainless View Post
    Adjunct prof at KU?
    Ah, that explains everything....

He's a frustrated part-time academic who will never get bestowed the benefits of tenure, fully vested retirement plans, platinum-level medical plans, or even teaching assistants to do the scut work for his classes. The best that he can earn teaching one or two classes per session is $3,500 - $7,000 and that barely covers the gas getting to work much less groceries at Giant. His wife divorced him for a tenured lesbian department chair and usually spends the summer in the south of France in a villa shared by similarly-minded (really SMOKIN' HOT) KU babes on their overseas adventure - for university credit hours no less! He smoked his last doobie three days ago, his supplier just got busted - and is negotiating a plea deal to turn State's witness. He's obviously not hitting home runs on any dating websites and according to the OP, appears to be manifesting extreme behavior that is remarkably similar to DSB (Dreaded Semen Backup). I'm thinking the OP was indeed fortunate to escape any possible back-splatter issues that could have made this into a Level III biohazard event requiring more than the normal and customary amount of hand sanitizer.
    - bamboomaster

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by bamboomaster View Post
    Ah, that explains everything....

He's a frustrated part-time academic who will never get bestowed the benefits of tenure, fully vested retirement plans, platinum-level medical plans, or even teaching assistants to do the scut work for his classes. The best that he can earn teaching one or two classes per session is $3,500 - $7,000 and that barely covers the gas getting to work much less groceries at Giant. His wife divorced him for a tenured lesbian department chair and usually spends the summer in the south of France in a villa shared by similarly-minded (really SMOKIN' HOT) KU babes on their overseas adventure - for university credit hours no less! He smoked his last doobie three days ago, his supplier just got busted - and is negotiating a plea deal to turn State's witness. He's obviously not hitting home runs on any dating websites and according to the OP, appears to be manifesting extreme behavior that is remarkably similar to DSB (Dreaded Semen Backup). I'm thinking the OP was indeed fortunate to escape any possible back-splatter issues that could have made this into a Level III biohazard event requiring more than the normal and customary amount of hand sanitizer.
    You get an A+ for this submission.

(Tioga County)

I think you handled it well... kept your cool and let him make an ass of himself

(Bedford County)

Just something to think about when carrying things. I was listening to armed American radio, the focussed the hand thing. It wa states that it is actually faster to carry the bar in you gun hand, allowing to drop the bag, while your offhand is clearing the garmet etc. I realize this is the OC forum, but it was something I had never realized till then, that it would actually be faster.

(Monroe County)

Had the same thing happen to me at a crowded restaurant this past spring in Nazerath PA. Restaurant is called The Newburg Inn. The owners backed me and said I did not have to leave and the cops smirked shaking there heads that someone would freak out on me like that in the middle of a restaurant.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast