Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Northampton County)

Default "My License Says it Has to be Concealed" :)

OK, I usually don't post these anymore unless there is really something notable. This one is only notable in the cliche.

I'm coming out of a store and a guy sitting in his car waiting for his wife says, "Hey, buddy. Buddy. Buddy!" So I stop. He says, "You need to cover that thing."

He was a little insistent but not rude at all.

I say, "Why?"

"I thought you had to keep it covered."

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because there is nothing in the law that says you have to."

"I have a license, too, and it says on there that you have to keep it concealed."

Oh boy

I broke it down for him with emphasis on having a handgun anywhere in the car unless going to or from the range (skipping the other exceptions for simplicity won't hurt). Once he realized I knew what I was talking about he listened, got it down, and thanked me.

His wife came out while we were talking and just stood outside the car with a mild, Level 1 look of annoyance on her face that said, "Dear, leave your friend, stranger with a gun, alone. Help me load the car, we have to get home."

Incidentally I had another guy last week that had no idea you could carry at all in PA, and he's lived in PA all his life. He even said, "I thought you could only do that in..." presumably Texas is my guess. Broke it down for him as well. With an emphasis of 47 states and 10% carry in PA, a lot has changed in the past couple decades. Go see the Sheriff, $20 and one page form.
    Last edited by ungawa; August 29th, 2015 at 01:52 PM.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: "My License Says it Has to be Concealed" :)

Goo job! I saw a guy looking at generators in a Harbor Freight store in far north PRNJ this week. I stopped and told him my experience with Champion brand (outstanding) generators and their phenomenal customer service. He said he is moving to the Poconos, and is a EMT/Firefighter in PRNJ. I told him about PCP and he said he was well aware of that, almost bought there before someone tipped him off. He said he wished it was legal to carry a gun like in Texas.

I schooled him very well. He just stood there with his mouth hanging open, and as I went on , it turned into the biggest grin you ever saw. He might be around here shortly.

(York County)

Similar situation, just yesterday while checking Walmart's selection of cheap evil rifles/shotguns (none to be found), a pleasant gentleman and his girl/wife noticed my open carry and inquired about it, leading to a conversation of about 20 minutes. Seems no one was in a great big hurry so we could chat in a relaxed manner and exchange all sorts of information. He was from NY City with friends and family in upstate New York and had spent a lot of time with them being properly brought along with respect to safety, range trips and even hunting.

Now that he is in PA we really only had to cover some of the differences between out-in-the-country upstate NY, and PA. It was a good conversation. I pointed him to the York Pa Sheriff, letting him know the Sheriff's office is one of the more 2A friendly groups, we shook hands, and all went about our shopping. Who knows, maybe we'll see Miguel show up on this site some day.
    If first impressions count, I'll say this; I'm glad he's out of New York and down here with us!
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    I'm coming out of a store and a guy sitting in his car waiting for his wife says, "Hey, buddy. Buddy. Buddy!" So I stop. He says, "You need to cover that thing."

He was a little insistent but not rude at all.

I say, "Why?"

"I thought you had to keep it covered."

"No."
    Was he talking about your "man parts" or your gun??? I thought maybe you were getting ready for the nude bike ride early

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post

"I have a license, too, and it says on there that you have to keep it concealed.".

Shoulda just said, "Show me".
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    Shoulda just said, "Show me".
    It wasn't necessary. He got it

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
    Was he talking about your "man parts" or your gun??? I thought maybe you were getting ready for the nude bike ride early
    Freud would have had a field day with the o/p. Psst, hey buddy