Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Don't understand some folks on this site.

I don't understand why some folks in the classified section are requiring FFL transfers on long arms? I for one am happy that PA does not require FFL transfer for long arms for private sale. Heck, in PA we can ship a long arm directly to another PA resident (of course providing they are not a felon).

I've sold more items than anyone else on this forum and I've never asked for an FFL transfer unless it was for a pistol.

Maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way, but I just don't understand it. If the state does not require it...why do some individuals feel the need to have this done? It's bad enough that our government passes all of these laws, but to have fellow gun owners require something that isn't a law just blows my mind.

Are people that afraid that the long arm they are selling will be used in a crime? If you are that paranoid why own any guns at all?

Default Re: Don't understand some folks on this site.

While I don't disagree with your sentiment

Their sale, their rules

The free market will sort it out
    Montani Semper Liberi

(Beaver County)

I'm with Gunlawyer on this one. If I was selling I would require it for my protection and piece of mind. I've known people tracked down by the ATF for crimes commited with a gun that was sold w/o a transfer. Lets just say its not a pleasant experiance.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

(Allegheny County)

aubie, I'd sell you some w/o an FFL, but I don't have many to sell.
    (Although I'm considering selling my WASR and GSG-AK 47)

I'm with you on this and I've made that known for several years now. I won't buy from someone requiring an FFL. I will if it's the only way to get a particular rifle, but otherwise I'll just wait until I'm not required to submit a paper trail. Fuck them - they don't need to know who owns what, and how many.

I'm pretty near the point of owning zero long guns that have "papers". (The two mentioned above have papers and is one reason I'm willing to sell them)
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Washington County)

Because they have no balls and they fear what daddy might do if he becomes cross with them. Close thread.

My only gripe is people wanting only Pennies less for something USED VS what you can get it new on the shelf for.
    a slow death awaits you,but not before love reminds you that there is good in you

(Berks County)

If you're dealing with a member here that has some history, I agree with the OP 100%. If it's someone the seller has no clue about and can't meet FTF, I could see why he would want to send even a long gun to an FFL. How can you be reasonably assured a buyer is not prohibited if he has 2 posts here. You could ask for a copy of a DL and/or LTCF, but as a buyer, I don't want to send a copy of mine out into the interwebs.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    If you're dealing with a member here that has some history, I agree with the OP 100%. If it's someone the seller has no clue about and can't meet FTF, I could see why he would want to send even a long gun to an FFL. How can you be reasonably assured a buyer is not prohibited if he has 2 posts here. You could ask for a copy of a DL and/or LTCF, but as a buyer, I don't want to send a copy of mine out into the interwebs.
    Not to mention a Bloomdouche minion.

I'm the same as you. If I know you or you have a reputation I can trace through my extended PAFOA family, no problem. If you are some random dude I will probably want an FFL, but might settle for LTCF and PA DL.

(Beaver County)

Normally a BOS with a LTCF and PA DL is good enough for me, however, it all depends on the circumstances. I might be selling an AR to someone soon who had one gun stolen already. I'd rather not deal with that ass pain should it happen again. Could another buyer have something stolen that I did a BOS with? Of course. But since I know there is already a history there, I'm taking extra steps this time.

I used to do BOS, but I stopped that years ago. I figured I'm not required to do so, why should I? There are enough laws out there that many of us disagree with...that is why I don't get members who require it when the law does not.

Heck some states, you can do a private sale without going through FFL for pistols. Now that is a "free" state IMO.

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast