Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Butler County)

Default Re: 12 - 13 Sept 2015 PA Gun Collectors Assn (PGCA) Butler, PA NEW VENUE

I had a great time. The place was set-up with wide aisles which made the room look full yet gives lots of room for expansion. I liked it! I only found 2 crappers and mine was a mess at 3PM on Saturday though, but maybe there were others I didn't see. The air conditioning was broken I was told; but with the cooler season coming, that shouldn't be an issue until May or so and the way things are happening in the Middle East per prophesy, I personally don't think I'll be here then! I didn't buy anything, wasn't looking to really. Prices were top retail for most and I didn't see any bargains I couldn't leave without. I must say, ScotsGuard has a very nice assortment of S&W's and other nice guns!!! Way to go, Jeff! There is plenty of parking and no traffic worries getting there like Monroeville and Greensburg were. There's a lot of hillbillies in Butler only because most all the jobs are gone. People are having a tough go of it. Heck, when i was growing-up, Butler was "Motor City"!!! Now, most are 15 year old Hondas and Datsuns packed with families. Too bad. The show should do well though, pending dealer pricing.

Just my opinions!!! Dave

(Venango County)

Default Re: 12 - 13 Sept 2015 PA Gun Collectors Assn (PGCA) Butler, PA NEW VENUE

I concur with Dave. Selection, vendors, and pricing all seemed similar to their old venue. Seemed less crowded than the Pittsburgh show, but it could have been because of the wider aisles. I bought a few odds and ends that I needed (found 8mm Nambu reloading dies!!) but didn't see any bargains. Hopefully they do well since I like this new location.

(Indiana County)

Pretty sure this "new location" is only for two shows, I wouldn't get used to it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12