Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Assault Rifle friendly shooting range?

[QUOTE=PA Rifleman;375063]Good luck with Kimberton. I called their published number about 4-5 times over a period of about two months, and no one answered. Too bad, as it was really close to where I lived at the time.

Yes, good luck with those guys. I have been trying to join even with a member sponsoring me. They never respond. I have 3 applications in there. Bastages....

(Montgomery County)

[QUOTE=kdtrimble;394820]
    Quote Originally Posted by PA Rifleman View Post
    Good luck with Kimberton. I called their published number about 4-5 times over a period of about two months, and no one answered. Too bad, as it was really close to where I lived at the time.

Yes, good luck with those guys. I have been trying to join even with a member sponsoring me. They never respond. I have 3 applications in there. Bastages....
    If you have a sponsor, just go to the monthly meeting on the 2nd Thur of the month at 8p.m. I'm surprised your sponsor didn't take you to the meeting.

JB

(Chester County)

Kimberton only restricts 50BMG but all other cal. are good to go, There are restrictions on only loading 5 in the mag. If you go to the meeting, they will set you up with what you need. Iy eakes about a month to join as you have to do a walk thru. The ranges are very well kept and the members are very friendly, I shoot there 2 to 3 times a month and bring all sorts of black rifles. I have never been hassled nor seen anyone bring hassled. The rules are strict but it is in the middle of suburbia, and no one wants a round to get out.

Another nice club is the Nothern Chester County Sportsmans Club
    http://www.northernchestercountysportsmensclub.org/

Not as upscale as Kimberton but a lot more laid back, no 50's or full auto but load to capacity

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by c.sander View Post
    are you seriously suggesting we join a range in new jersey?
    why would anyone on this board purposefully provide any monies or funds to anything in that craptastic state robbing its citizens of their rights?
    If it is indeed the FT. DIX Rod & Gun Club, not a dime of any money in membership or range fees will accrue to the STATE of NEW JERSEY. Ft. Dix itself is still a FEDERAL RESERVATION and the Rod & Gun Club is a Non-Appropriated Fund activity (meaning it is user supported not government funded) just like the NCO Club. Personally I can't think of a better way of telling NJ to pound salt up their a**^* than legally transporting through the state to a federally sanctioned facility!

Thanks JB for the info. Yes, I am also suprised he did not take me to a meeting. Maybe because he's busy with family and kids. I still do not know why the management did not respond to my application, emails or telephone calls. I would never do something like this in my business.

Kenny

[QUOTE=JLBIII;394880]
    Quote Originally Posted by kdtrimble View Post

If you have a sponsor, just go to the monthly meeting on the 2nd Thur of the month at 8p.m. I'm surprised your sponsor didn't take you to the meeting.

JB

(Montgomery County)

I'm a member at Southern Chester County Sportsman and Farmers Club (www.sccsfa.org). There is no ban on assault-type weapons, high capacity mags, and there are no waiting periods between shots fired. This is a great place if you want to unload a magazine of 30+ rounds. As long as all of your rounds land on the target, no one should have a problem. One word of caution though - the club and members DO NOT tolerate any type of childish, reckless, or irresponsible behavior (e.g., waiving your gun/rifle, loading your firearm while someone is down range, being loud and obnoxious, not cleaning up after your done, etc). You will be ejected so fast your head will spin. Everyone at the club acts as a RO and will scrutinize how you handle your weapon and strictly observe safety parameters. The rule at the club is if you don't report someone who violates the club rules, you are just as guilty as they are.

The club is a great place to have fun as long as you use common sense. Everyone that I have encountered has been friendly and everyone has a good time while they are there. I have brought a couple of friends there who have either signed up or will be signing up at the next meeting.

If you want to join the club, sign-ups are on Tuesdays @ 6:45pm during the last week of the month. Initial sign-up fee is $100 + $75/yearly membership.
    Last edited by RXM; December 1st, 2008 at 03:15 PM.

(Chester County)

Give Delaware County Field and Stream a call. Not in Chester County, but they have small and large bore rifle ranges up to 100 yds and black powder. Shotgun fields, skeet, trap, table trap and 5 stand have a max of 2 rounds. Not sure if any shotguns allowed on rifle ranges. It is located just south of Granite Run mall off Rt. 352. Website www.dcfs.org is currently being renovated.

(Chester County)

Check out Northern Chester County Sportsman's Club. They are located in Elverson, PA next to French Creek State Park. They are looking to expand thier membership right now. $40 a year for indivudual and $50 a year for family. Their membership meetings are the first Monday of the month at 8:00pm. Here are their rules.

Range Rules

1) No Shooting at Posts or Frames. (Leaning or nailing targets against posts and frames prohibited)

2) No Glass Targets

3) No Tracer Bullets (Fire Hazard)

4) No Fully Automatic Firing

5) No Cannons

6) No lighting of, or shooting at, explosive targets.(including but not limited to: fireworks, home made bombs, store bought exploding targets, full propane tanks, aerosol cans, also cans of expanding insulation)

7) Before you leave range!

Remove all your trash, targets & spent plastic shells.

8) Shoot only in designated areas.

9) Membership card to be posted on member when at range.

10) Present membership card to any member upon request.

11) Regular Shooting Hours: Mon-Sat 9 am until dusk

Sun 10 am until dusk

(Does not include scheduled shooting events)

12) Ranges are closed only during the two(2) weeks of deer rifle season following Thanksgiving. Caution to be used by both hunter and target shooter during non-closed hunting season.

13) Standard firearm safety procedures to be followed: (Muzzle in safe direction, action(s) cleared & open when going down range, no handling firarms while people are down range, etc., etc., etc.)

14) Violation of range rules subjects member(s) to disciplinary action to include expulsion from range for that days shooting and also may include suspension or revocation of membership without refund of dues.

I will be joining on Monday the 5th.

(Chester County)

I have never had a problem at Southern Chester County Sportsman..... off of 926 past Bolton on the right. Membership info can be found on the website. The down side is they dont allow steel. I have however found many a day where I was the only one there and snuck a little steel practice in. Steel is something I would really like to be able to practice regularly. I have also heard good things about Atglen.
    Last edited by d90king; December 31st, 2008 at 07:01 PM.

(Chester County)

I am a member at Kimberton fga. They have a five round limit on guns on all ranges except the combat handgun/pin range. You can have that raised to 8 on the centerfire range and 10 on the rimfire by filling out a form and having it approved. No one will ever answer that phone. Come up to a meeting if you want to join a nice club. You need a sponser. I went up and saw several people i knew from shooting in the area. I just had one of them sign off for me. Elverson rod and gun club is Assault rifle friendly, or at least they used to be if they have changed their rules since I last was there. They have no mag limit. so strap up your 30 round mags.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast