Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default CH 16 reports Kahr selling machine guns from new Penna store

Jim Hamill posted: " BLOOMING GROVE TOWNSHIP -- It was pretty clear Tuesday's grand opening of Kahr Firearms was much more than just a business story. The owners picked Pike County because, according to them, they want to be where it's gun friendly, and where half the coun"

http://wnep.com/2015/08/11/gun-maker...o-pike-county/

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________________

My email to CH 16 and Hamill:

Mr. Hamill, and Channel 16 management,

The Model 1928 Thompson sub-machine gun is a fully automatic firearm. The sub in sub-machine gun means the firearm uses pistol caliber ammunition such as .45 ACP or 9MM.

A machine gun, which you reported being sold in Kahr’s business, fires rifle cartridges such as .30 and .50 caliber in full-automatic mode.

The Tommy Gun or Thompson sold by Kahr is asemi-automatic carbine that merely resembles the Thompson sub machine gun.

Federal law has stopped the production and importation of sub-machine guns as of 1986.

As so often happens in news media, the non-gun portion of the public…already concerned and confused with firearm-related episodes…. has been misinformed again.

Default Re: CH 16 reports Kahr selling machine guns from new Penna store

Upon reading the article I'm not sure what the issue is. Other than a reference to selling SMGs, which Kahr may be able to do if they have the correct license, the article seems correct.

Yes, it does seem a bit confusing and can be misinterpreted by the uninformed but I doubt those people would know the difference either way. Nor would care.

But......kudos for at least trying to get them to be more accurate and less confusing.
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

(Lackawanna County)

Did anyone watch the video from last night? The reporter was holding one of their Thompson- look-Alikes like a jackass, swinging it all over the place. The muzzle was pointed at the camera/cameraman at least half a dozen times. If you're gonna do a story about firearms, at least learn how to hold one properly and keep it pointed in a safe direction. Jeez
    I'm faster than Doc Holliday (with Novocaine of course)

He was hoping to accidentally blow his camera man away to vslidate the "gunz are dangrus" mantra.
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.