Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Default Re: Gun Violence Tax passes Unanimously

Quote Originally Posted by IGPJAP View Post
    From NY SAFE

Anti gun violence programs will partner with local law enforcement – police departments, sheriffs’ offices, district attorneys’ offices and probation departments – to provide additional resources that allow those agencies to better serve and protect their communities. Key to those efforts are a variety of programs designed to specifically target violent and gun crime in the state’s urban centers, many of which involve partnerships with community-based programs, ranging from Boys and Girls Clubs and YWCAs to hospitals and churches and other religious organizations.

Keeping children engaged in after school programs and showing them there are better alternatives than joining a gang and acting like a thug. Nothing but good can come from programs like this. I've been a part of them in Philadelphia for two decades and have seen firsthand the success of many of them.

Every government program that is funded by our tax dollars isn't some back door conspiracy that "they is comin to take yer gunz".......Why so much paranoia. This place wasn't like this a year or two ago, WTF.....

Seriously? Things have gotten better in Philly due to tax based programs? That sure does explain all the violence.
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

It WILL never come to fruition. Think like a consumer rather than a lamb. If you're going to pay a rather steep increase in price or take a short drive to save a buck, what are you going to do? Add to that the fact most gunowners will openly avoid Seattle purchases specifically to deny the city it's tax.

Taxing away crime. You really need to mull that notion over instead of swallowing the BS by the shovel full.

Do you really want to reduce crime? We need to get the justice system in order. When violent offenders who are repeatedly given deals is ended we'll see that reduction. When those who have proven they have no value nor any indication of ever having value we need to send them away from us. Some may support the death penalty, some may support incarceration in a prison without guards....they wanted anarchy, let's give it to them.

Make 20 years mean 20 years.

We love in a land of (in theory anyway) of liberties and rights. When those liberties and rights are violated or abused the consequences should be severe. That is how we defend our liberties and rights.....NOT by taxing those who did not abuse their liberties and rights.

I already pay taxes to run the justice system, penal systems and law enforcement. And some think I should now pay more for a simple item I have no intention of using illegally?? To fund failed programs?? Not only would I drive out of the city for my firearm related needs, I'd drive out for every purchase of everything I need.

While I do indeed feel bad for kids who are at risk due to poor parenting, I have my own to worry about. Had we 50 years ago seen to it the criminals had paid a real price for their actions rather than the too common plea/sentencing/time off crap maybe more of those kids would have had parents instead of government raising them.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by IGPJAP View Post
    Obama strengthened our right to carry in national parks. That PURE FACT. That's hardly anti 2nd amendment.
    It's about as pure as your motives. It was attached to another bill that he signed because he wanted the larger bill. To pretend he's pro 2A is an outright lie.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Lancaster County)

"Violence Never Solves Anything"

adopted as the official motto of the City of Carthage in the spring of 146 BC...

Quote Originally Posted by claudel View Post
    "Violence Never Solves Anything"

adopted as the official motto of the City of Carthage in the spring of 146 BC...
    I don't know......many have taken violent steps to end a violent action. It's one reason I feel a need to be armed, to if all else fails, end a violent action against me. Sometimes violence is all you have left.

"One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not agree that 'violence begets violence.' I told him that it is my earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure - and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy."
    Jeff Cooper

Read more at: http://www.azquotes.com/author/3249-Jeff_Cooper

Don't worry, I realize your not a "bleeding heart" and I figure your post is more sarcasm than personal philosophy but I just had to toss in Jeff Cooper's thoughts on the matter.

(Bucks County)

Since the dawn of man, every single freedom we have has been earned via violence. Like a gun, Violence has the ability to do great good or great harm.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by ErSwnn View Post
    I don't know......many have taken violent steps to end a violent action. It's one reason I feel a need to be armed, to if all else fails, end a violent action against me. Sometimes violence is all you have left.

"One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not agree that 'violence begets violence.' I told him that it is my earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure - and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy."
    Jeff Cooper

Read more at: http://www.azquotes.com/author/3249-Jeff_Cooper

Don't worry, I realize your not a "bleeding heart" and I figure your post is more sarcasm than personal philosophy but I just had to toss in Jeff Cooper's thoughts on the matter.
    "Violence begets violence"

Only if insufficient violence is used the first time...

The Romans had few problems with the Carthaginians after 146...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678