Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default E-mail from Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America!

E-mail from Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America!

"As a gun dealer in Arizona, I've run a lot of background checks. And I never sell a gun to someone until their check confirms they are a law-abiding citizen.

In the rare case that a background check takes longer than three days, a deadly loophole in the law gives gun dealers the choice of whether or not to make the sale.

I know where I stand on this: No gun sales without complete background checks. But at least two major gun retailers haven't made their background check policies clear.

Ask Gander Mountain and Sportsman's Warehouse: Do you have a common-sense "No check, no sale" policy?

Where do these companies stand on 'No check, no sale'?

Gun dealers have the authority -- and responsibility -- to make sure we're not selling to dangerous people. That's why many major retailers including Walmart, Dick's Sporting Goods, and Big 5 Sporting Goods refuse to sell guns to people with incomplete background checks.

But too many other retailers will sell guns to people with incomplete checks after three days pass. Each year, thousands of guns wind up in the hands of people who wouldn't have passed a completed background check -- including the man who killed nine churchgoers in Charleston.

Help figure out which retailers are doing the right thing on background checks.

Send a message now to ask Gander Mountain and Sportsman's Warehouse whether they require a green light on a complete background check before selling guns in their stores:

http://act.everytown.org/letter/no-check-no-sale-ask

Thanks for speaking up and finding out which gun dealers have a policy of putting safety first.

Chris Kitaeff
    Federal Firearms Licensee ( I have to wonder how much business he does in Scottsdale while he is teaming up with Everytown?)
    Scottsdale, AZ

P.S. -- Here's the scorecard of "No check, no sale" retailers. Will you help complete it by contacting Gander Mountain and Sportsman's Warehouse today?

No Check, No Sale Policy in Place

Sports Authority
    Dunham Sports
    Bi-Mart
    Academy Sports and Outdoors
    Big 5 Sporting Goods
    Dick's Sporting Goods
    Walmart

Will Sell a Gun Without Policy Unknown
    a Complete Background Check
    (never mind they are following federal law)
    Cabela's
    EZ Pawn
    Bass Pro Shops
    Atwoods Ranch & Home

Policy Unknown
    Gander Mountain
    Sportsman's Warehouse

Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America is a campaign of Everytown for Gun Safety Action Fund. As a movement of Americans fighting for common-sense gun policies, we depend on contributions from supporters like you to fund important work to reduce gun violence."
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. George Orwell

Default Re: E-mail from Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America!

Better background check wouldn't have stopped Charleston: Column

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinio...lumn/30048391/

Mass murderers will find a way, no matter how restrictive the law.

"It's disastrous that this bureaucratic mistake prevented existing laws from working and blocking an illegal gun sale," Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, indicated in a statement. "The facts undercut attempts to use the tragedy to enact unnecessary gun laws."
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. George Orwell

(Wayne County)

Default Re: E-mail from Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America!

I wonder if they would pick up the tab of someone falsely accused.