Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Smile NORTHEAST OPEN CARRY

Made this weekend time up in the N E PA.Lake Wallenpaupack OCed at the lake while fishing catching a bunch of panfish better than normal for me and the wife she OC a Taurus Ultralite on the belt and me the Glock 19 2nd gen along with a switchoff to the glock 43 on the belt,Seems the younger people especially the girls were very impressed with the wife carrying and she got to educate and inform a lot of residents of Pa and a few from out of state she was pleased doing a service to inform.We went on Sunday to the car show in Hawley it was packed and a lot of great muscle cars from the 50,60,70s.A few non chalont looks but no one appeared fearing for their life.On to Honesdale we stopped at the taco bell had a quick lunch and again the cashier an elderley man,more elderley than me said I OC too but cant CC in the store while winking ! Honesdale main st not too much going on just a casual walk thru town.Down to Kundalas in Hamlin to get some BBQ to take home.We stopped on Rt 196 to pick flowers my wife noticed in a field and PSP stopped behing my car i went over he saw that me and the wife were OCing and we had a very pleaseat and PRO 2 A conversation leading to family and the wife explaining about the varitey of field flowers,PSP said my wife loves them but cant seem to get them for her because of being on duty,Well if anyone knows my wife she graciously offered a bouquet for his wife we thanked him for his service to our communities,This was the first time ever meeting this Trooper ! We had a great weekend and so very positive. JMO/MDT
    Last edited by MARINE DIVISION TWO; August 9th, 2015 at 06:30 PM.

(Indiana County)

Default Re: NORTHEAST OPEN CARRY

Paragraphs work great at breaking up individual thoughts and topics. Not so much here, but elsewhere.

(Wayne County)

Nice on the Mrs. with the PSP.

I'm trying to think of the different places around here that I've bumped into people while OC lately. It would include the Blakeslee Wawa, the flea market in Blakeslee, Lackawanna State forest, Rita's water ice in Mt. Pocono, and several times fishing for catfish at Lake Wallenpaupack. Not a peep from anyone.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Lancaster County)

That's a good weekend. I walked into Sheetz this afternoon and noticed a 30 something woman looking at me. I was ordering from the touchscreen and heard her comment " isn't it terrible"? The bf or husband " inaudible...against the law". Granted it might not have been me they were discussing but I think it was.

(Montgomery County)

Great encounters! I'm sure your wife was a nice inspiration to those young girls that women can (and should!) take their safety very seriously. Cool story about the PSP trooper too.

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    Paragraphs work great at breaking up individual thoughts and topics. Not so much here, but elsewhere.
    Made this weekend time up in the N E PA.Lake Wallenpaupack OCed at the lake while fishing catching a bunch of panfish better than normal for me and the wife she OC a Taurus Ultralite on the belt and me the Glock 19 2nd gen along with a switchoff to the glock 43 on the belt, Seems the younger people especially the girls were very impressed with the wife carrying and she got to educate and inform a lot of residents of Pa and a few from out of state she was pleased doing a service to inform.

We went on Sunday to the car show in Hawley it was packed and a lot of great muscle cars from the 50,60,70s.A few nonchalant looks but no one appeared fearing for their life.

On to Honesdale we stopped at the taco bell had a quick lunch and again the cashier an elderly man, more elderly than me said I OC too but cant CC in the store while winking !

Honesdale main st not too much going on just a casual walk thru town.

Down to Kundalas in Hamlin to get some BBQ to take home.

We stopped on Rt 196 to pick flowers my wife noticed in a field and PSP stopped behind my car i went over he saw that me and the wife were OCing and we had a very please at and PRO 2 A conversation leading to family and the wife explaining about the variety of field flowers, PSP said my wife loves them but cant seem to get them for her because of being on duty, Well if anyone knows my wife she graciously offered a bouquet for his wife we thanked him for his service to our communities,This was the first time ever meeting this Trooper !

We had a great weekend and so very positive. JMO/MDT

(Monroe County)

Hit up a nice little church picnic in Appnzell. (by Effort) No comments/issues. Great food and company.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Monroe County)

I would accept an invite on your next weekend tour!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    Made this weekend time up in the N E PA.Lake Wallenpaupack OCed at the lake while fishing catching a bunch of panfish better than normal for me and the wife she OC a Taurus Ultralite on the belt and me the Glock 19 2nd gen along with a switchoff to the glock 43 on the belt,Seems the younger people especially the girls were very impressed with the wife carrying and she got to educate and inform a lot of residents of Pa and a few from out of state she was pleased doing a service to inform.We went on Sunday to the car show in Hawley it was packed and a lot of great muscle cars from the 50,60,70s.A few non chalont looks but no one appeared fearing for their life.On to Honesdale we stopped at the taco bell had a quick lunch and again the cashier an elderley man,more elderley than me said I OC too but cant CC in the store while winking ! Honesdale main st not too much going on just a casual walk thru town.Down to Kundalas in Hamlin to get some BBQ to take home.We stopped on Rt 196 to pick flowers my wife noticed in a field and PSP stopped behing my car i went over he saw that me and the wife were OCing and we had a very pleaseat and PRO 2 A conversation leading to family and the wife explaining about the varitey of field flowers,PSP said my wife loves them but cant seem to get them for her because of being on duty,Well if anyone knows my wife she graciously offered a bouquet for his wife we thanked him for his service to our communities,This was the first time ever meeting this Trooper ! We had a great weekend and so very positive. JMO/MDT

Quote Originally Posted by poconojoe View Post
    I would accept an invite on your next weekend tour!!!!
    Absolutley !

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch10mm View Post
    That's a good weekend. I walked into Sheetz this afternoon and noticed a 30 something woman looking at me. I was ordering from the touchscreen and heard her comment " isn't it terrible"? The bf or husband " inaudible...against the law". Granted it might not have been me they were discussing but I think it was.
    That was me and the wife. We were complaining about how Sheetz doesn't offer Sriracha as a condiment. Should be against the law. I have to conceal carry a bottle into most restaurants too.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast