Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: "I cling to guns and religion" t-shirt,open carry?

Take a good look at this site and maybe even that photo book about gun owners and who they are. We are such a varied group that as soon as you combine something like guns and religion you are going to alienate at least 50% of the group. The only thing that you can say gun owners have in common is gun ownership.

Ok, maybe food
    esp charcoal grilled

Gun and Grills
    maybe that would work
    maybe only alienate 10-20%........
    Koli's back from Ambler.

Quote Originally Posted by Driver400 View Post
    How about a shirt that just says " I am a firearm owner, and I vote!"
    Now thats more like it!!

(Franklin County)

(Venango County)

I cling to guns and religion because they are more reliable than politicians!
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

Quote Originally Posted by Pro2A View Post
    I'd wear one like this, but on the website they only go up to 3XL. Then there is the notation that they are "atheletic fit", which translated means, "we have gotten the smallest, cheapest shirts we can find that will still have the size labeling we want, and which will shrink to the size of a postage stamp the first time you wash it". In other words, thy aren't gonna have my size.

But for my own self, I would be glad to wear a shirt with a Bible and a gun on it - preferably a real big gun.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Koli01 View Post
    Take a good look at this site and maybe even that photo book about gun owners and who they are. We are such a varied group that as soon as you combine something like guns and religion you are going to alienate at least 50% of the group. The only thing that you can say gun owners have in common is gun ownership.

Ok, maybe food
    esp charcoal grilled

Gun and Grills
    maybe that would work
    maybe only alienate 10-20%........
    Have to disagree about alienating. Look at any get-together of a political nature. Almost always there is a wide diversity of opinons, yet the group can bind together as one in order to win an election. Jeez, look at the Demo or Republican National conventions! Opinions vary widely on many issues, yet, for the election, they come together.

You think every republican is pro-life?

I guess I'm going to contact the NRA, see how I can help mobilize people to come out and vote against Obama this election. They know what they're doing.
    Last edited by tobor; July 27th, 2008 at 01:43 PM.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by TaurusGuy View Post
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I bet not all gun owners are religious.
    Describes me to the "T".

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by PennsyPlinker View Post
    I'd wear one like this, but on the website they only go up to 3XL. Then there is the notation that they are "atheletic fit", which translated means, "we have gotten the smallest, cheapest shirts we can find that will still have the size labeling we want, and which will shrink to the size of a postage stamp the first time you wash it". In other words, thy aren't gonna have my size.

But for my own self, I would be glad to wear a shirt with a Bible and a gun on it - preferably a real big gun.
    I don't think the t-shirt would be suitable for the purpose I have laid out, namely to drum up support form middle America against Obama. I do like the t-shirt, but a gun-toting Uncle Sam would play into the "gun nut" thing. We would be written off as being extremists by some, the very ones we want to draw in.

You can bet some swift-boating organization will be playing up Obama's "bitter" remark. I'd like to help it gain extra traction by drawing NAtional attention to a huge get-out-the-gun/religious vote. How do you think Bush won the last election? Move-on hadone of the most successful get-out-the-vote campaigns in the history of the Demo party. Democrats thought they had it locked up. I thought they had a lock. But conservatives, many religious folk, came out in DROVES. Pundits couldn't believe how many came out in Ohio, which of course sealed the election for Bush. What got them out? Moral issues like gay marriage.

This vote can be mobilized again. Obama gave us a *gift.* He let us know exactly how he feels about church-goers and firearms owners/users. To let that sound-bite drop through the cracks would be a travesty.

When he gets elected, appoints three new Supreme Court Justices in the mold of Ruth Bader Ginsburg, we'll wish they would have done more to defeat Obama.

Scalia penned 64 brilliant pages defending the Foiunding Father's intent to preserve the right of American's to bear arms. However, in the next 10 years, many cases will be reaching the Supreme Court that will decide just what "reasonable regulation" of firearms means. The battle is just beginning. Wash. DC is digging in already, substituting laws that are clearly contrary to the intent of the majority's decision in Heller.

The battle is ours to lose..

(Montgomery County)

Question Re: "I cling to guns and religion" t-shirt,open carry?

Quote Originally Posted by tobor View Post
    And conversely, not all religious people are firearm owners. But I think we can come together prior to November in order to defeat someone who denigrates both guns AND religion.
    Granted, Obama is a Liberal doofus, but where has he ever denigrated religion?

(Montgomery County)

Lightbulb Re: "I cling to guns and religion" t-shirt,open carry?

Quote Originally Posted by Pro2A View Post
    That ain't gonna work for the Jewish folks and folks of religious preferences other than Christianity whom we have on board here.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast