Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Honey Badger Clone - Build Log

Working on building a suppressed SBR and modeling it after the AAC Honeybadger. Just think it's a cool little gun and thought I could do some cool things with it.

Some preamble: this gun will be in 300 BLK and my idea is to have a 9" barrel with perhaps an OMEGA can form SilencerCo (I'm open to suggestions). I will be posting new images as I buy new parts for the thing. I will obviously take some time to round up money for Stamps and the expensive stuff....like the suppressor.

Here's where I'm at so far with the following parts list:

• Spike's tactical honeybadger lower receiver
    • Spikes M4 Flat Top Upper
    • CMMG AR Builder's Parts Kit
    • POF Drop-in Trigger Assembly w/ anti-walk pins (4.5 lbs)
    • Daniel Defense Pistol Grip
    • Guntec Skeleton-style stock (full size)

Assembled Lower Receiver

W/ Guntec Skeleton Stock

W/ Spike upper attached

The following is what I'm PLANNING on buying but i'm still in the research phases so I'll probably change my mind on one or two things:

• DD or Noveske 300 BLK barrel - 9" length and 1:7 twist
    • Sharps Self-Lubricating Nickel Boron BCG
    • SilencerCo Omega Can
    • Magpul Pro BUIS
    • Aimpoint Pro or Vortex Viper HWS

Things I need some advice on:

1. What is a good free-float rail that would fit over top of the suppressor. I would prefer the free float rail to overlap the suppressor an inch or two.
    2. Any tools that are gonna make my life a hell of a lot easier building the upper? I found tons of good tips on building a lower that really helped me not lose any detents/springs and would like to avoid ruining/losing anything on the upper as well.
    Last edited by mikelegacy; August 7th, 2015 at 01:57 PM.

Default Re: Honey Badger Clone - Build Log

If you stick with a good barrel company such as DD or Noveske, you won't have any issues with the gas port size needing to be opened. Some gas ports need to be opened for the 300BO to cycle properly when using suppressor/subsonic load.

Once you settle on the suppressor of your choice...get the specs on that can...you will need the OD to figure out what rail will work with that suppressor.

You really don't need much in terms of tools for the upper assembly. Most rails will come with a tool to install the rail.

I would recommend looking at the Raptor charging handle as I find them to be useful. You may want to look at the PRI gas buster since you will be shooting it suppressed.
    https://www.precisionreflex.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=186694

BTW, I thought the real "honey badger" uses the NEA stock?
    http://www.rainierarms.com/nea-compa...bine-stock-ccs

(York County)

Default Re: Honey Badger Clone - Build Log

Quote Originally Posted by mikelegacy View Post
    Working on building a suppressed SBR and modeling it after the AAC Honeybadger. Just think it's a cool little gun and thought I could do some cool things with it.

Some preamble: this gun will be in 300 BLK and my idea is to have a 9" barrel with perhaps an OMEGA can form SilencerCo (I'm open to suggestions). I will be posting new images as I buy new parts for the thing. I will obviously take some time to round up money for Stamps and the expensive stuff....like the suppressor.

Here's where I'm at so far with the following parts list:

• Spike's tactical honeybadger lower receiver
    • Spikes M4 Flat Top Upper
    • CMMG AR Builder's Parts Kit
    • POF Drop-in Trigger Assembly w/ anti-walk pins (4.5 lbs)
    • Daniel Defense Pistol Grip
    • Guntec Skeleton-style stock (full size)

Assembled Lower Receiver

W/ Guntec Skeleton Stock

W/ Spike upper attached

The following is what I'm PLANNING on buying but i'm still in the research phases so I'll probably change my mind on one or two things:

• DD or Noveske 300 BLK barrel - 9" length and 1:7 twist
    • Sharps Self-Lubricating Nickel Boron BCG
    • SilencerCo Omega Can
    • Magpul Pro BUIS
    • Aimpoint Pro or Vortex Viper HWS

Things I need some advice on:

1. What is a good free-float rail that would fit over top of the suppressor. I would prefer the free float rail to overlap the suppressor an inch or two.
    2. Any tools that are gonna make my life a hell of a lot easier building the upper? I found tons of good tips on building a lower that really helped me not lose any detents/springs and would like to avoid ruining/losing anything on the upper as well.
    There are so many rail options its personal preference in my opinion. I like the selection Rainer arms keeps in stock.

probably going to need a torque wrench for the upper build if you dont already have one.

I'm really liking your build!! I also have a honey badger on standby I might have to get started on, already have a complete spikes upper so just have to finish the lower.