Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Savoy Leather: Disappointing Service

Before we get there, yes I understand they have an advertised lead time, it'll be brought up.

For those who don't know, Savoy Leather does custom leather holsters for a wide variety of handguns and even some other leather goods (slings, belts, wallets). If you go online and look for a review of their product, opinions are very high.
    Customer Service is not. For a $139 holster, I have experience nothing but grief this last month, the month my holster should be completed. You see, I signed up for a 3 month lead and even asked if the change would affect my order when it was announced. Strike one, they never addressed this.

Strike two: After my holster had been status as Awaiting Shipment for two weeks, I called and was told the LATEST ship date was the twenty-fourth. It's now the 30th. I called them again this week on Wednesday and was told they had had to hire new employees. I understand how that works and wasn't too upset when he told me the last of Aprils orders would ship within 24 hours. That time went up at 1:30 today and no change. That's strike 3, and extremely poor service to me.

I'm fine paying for a good product, I expect there to be a price with quality and some of theirs is Upwards of $239. I'm fine waiting for handmade materials, I understand when you have a handful of people working to hand dye, cut and stitch it takes time, moreso when you have high volume. What I am not ok with is agreeing with a time and that deadline meaning nothing, especially if the holster is done. The run around of "This date here, or that date now" isn't getting me service, it's not getting me my product I paid and waited for.

Personally, I wouldn't have faith in Savoy Leather to get you the item you want in a timely fashion, if at all. Do not recommend them, and if you do order, plan a few extra months onto that time if you want it as a gift for someones holiday.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Savoy Leather: Disappointing Service

Sorry to hear about your troubles and I hope that such service is not typical or normal for the company...I have never dealt with them but I know what it feels like to be given the run around and I don't take kindly to it.

(York County)

I've never dealt with them, and it sounds like the back end of their operation may need some help, but considering custom holster shops are very small operations, and gun sales (and their accessories) have skyrocketed over the last six years, I think you're expecting a bit too much of their operation (and it sounds like they may have 'over promised' too). Custom leather operations tend to employ the head cook and bottle washer mentality, that is one guy does it all. Many of the good guys are completely overwhelmed right now; I just waited upwards of six months for an Alessi holster that was promised at 3 and should have taken 6-8 weeks based on past orders with the same company (and it was so worth the wait). Heck, I hear people complain about alien gear running 6-8 weeks for a scrap of kydex and a flat piece of leather! It sounds like they just need to be brutally honest about lead times and we need to be a bit more understanding when these small shops get swamped.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Lancaster County)

I gather their cabbage is quite excellent however.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Delaware County)

Have you gone and stomped there at all?

(Westmoreland County)

UPDATE 8/6/2015

Called on the 3rd and spoke to Jeremiah Savoy, the owner, who sorted it out. Apperently (his words) he had it in his hands last week and remembered it by order number and even my last name (which was not given when I introduced myself). As it turns out, one of the floor employees put my holster into the wrong pile so instead of being colored and shipped, it was neither. He colored it on the phone with me and I received my tracking number within twenty minutes. Pictures and a full review with the firearm coming soon.

The greater issue I have here is Sheldon the CS Rep, who answered the phone all four times wasn't even looking for my order, just checking the copy in the system and assuming it was just all hunky dandy, just late. The second call should have caused some digging, not empty base less promises. If not for the owner actively trying to put eyes on it this would have been a refund update.