Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Default Re: Los Angeles bans POSSESSION of standard-capacity magazines!

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp 45 View Post
    Uh so nothing changed its always been 10 rounds in kalfornia for all firearms..... not sure why this is news.
    Like ungawa said.

It is legal in California to own standard-capacity magazines that were in circulation prior to their being banned in California. So if it was a standard-capacity magazine that was in civilian circulation pre-1989 (from anywhere in the nation I believe - I know Massachusetts' law is like that since I traded a gen2 Glock 17 mag to a guy there for a gen4 Glock 17 magazine), it WAS legal to own in Los Angeles.

But not anymore.

So if you live in LA and spend a lot of time tracking down, say, gen2 Glock magazines for use in your Glock so you can LEGALLY have more than 10-rounds in a magazine...well...not anymore.

Default Re: Los Angeles bans POSSESSION of standard-capacity magazines!

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp 45 View Post
    Really in all fairness how would anyone know to begin with they can't carry anyway. Who the hell would see these supposed more than 10 rd mags, When I did live in California and we went to te range nobody there seemed to give 2 shits when guys came in with standard capacity mags that happened to hold more than 10 rounds. I mean who's telling ?

Maybe the police wil knock on doors and politely ask.
    Its California bro...

Cops are pretty much gods there. I recall more than a few stories about cops confiscating handguns that were unloaded and properly secured with a trigger lock (as per California law) because they were "concerned for their safety," and then forcing the owners to get court orders to have the firearms returned. Or if a cop pulled someone over and found out they were legally armed - gun gets confiscated for the "cop's safety" and the owner has to go through legal hoops to get it back.

Now imagine if that happens (again) in LA and the cop sees a magazine, regardless of year of manufacture, that can hold more than 10-rounds in it...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456