Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Washington County)

Angry Taurus Customer Service really stinks

A couple of years ago I bought a Taurus TCP in black stainless. After about 1000 rounds of Winchester .380s it stop working. When I pulled the trigger it would not grab the striker. I called Taurus and they agreed to fix it under warranty. This was back in the end of April.

I requested they send me a postage paid shipping container, they said sure just send them $50.00. I refused and made arrangements with the LGS that sold me the gun for them to send it back to Taurus.

They sent it to Taurus for me. After not hearing from neither Taurus or my LGS for months I decided to call them today. The customer service rep. told me they were going to replace my firearm, but they had no idea how long it would be for them to get one in to send me.

The CS rep then told me she could offer me the choice of another firearm with a similar MSRP, which was $295.45 she told me. I looked on the Taurus web site and the MSRP on the stainless TCP was $354.95. After looking at the offerings from Taurus the only one I was mildly interested in was a .40 S&W SA/DA pistol priced at $301.95. I called back and informed her that I would like the 40 and offered to pay the difference. Her response was that was not possible. It turns out the only two options she could offer were for me to accept a blued TCP with a MSRP of $254.95 or wait for possibly forever for the stainless version to come in. At this point I was so tired of the whole thing I told her to just send the blue TCP so I could just get the whole thing over with. So I wound up getting a firearm that has a MSRP $100.00 less then the one I bought.

Taurus Customer Service stinks.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Taurus Customer Service really stinks

I agree they should have let you buy the .40 and pay the difference.

Did they offer to pay for postage, but just not sending the container for free? To be honest I can't argue with that too much. Usually it's print a shipping label and just use a box you have that's laying around.

Will they be picking up the transfer fee? Not sure how a transfer works with a new gun directly from a manufacturer.

All in all, you're getting a brand new gun. Things could be worse!

(Bucks County)

I bought a Taurus once......once.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    I agree they should have let you buy the .40 and pay the difference.

Did they offer to pay for postage, but just not sending the container for free? To be honest I can't argue with that too much. Usually it's print a shipping label and just use a box you have that's laying around.

Will they be picking up the transfer fee? Not sure how a transfer works with a new gun directly from a manufacturer.

All in all, you're getting a brand new gun. Things could be worse!
    No they wanted me to pay the shipping. I would have still had to supply the box. Yeah I should be glad I am getting a gun worth $100.00 less than the gun I bought. The minute I accept the gun it becomes used when I go to sell it. So the resell price will greatly different than the resell price of my gun. They both would have been used guns. I will be selling it as I bought a Kahr CW380 to replace it. I am not sure how the transfer fee will go, but I really doubt they will be paying for it.
    Last edited by BobGun; July 28th, 2015 at 05:14 PM.

This is when you ask to speak with her boss and don't get off the phone until you do. I have always liked and stuck up for Taurus and had a really good experience with their repair and cs dpt last November but it's things like this that make me stop dealing with a company more then technical issues.

I would not settle for less I would call back 1st thing tomorrow and ask to speak to a manager.

they are offering you a new gun instead of fixing one that is years old + doesn't even function...

seriously, you are really going to argue over the msrp?

(Bucks County)

so if i'm reading your post correctly taurus is replacing your used gun that is at least two years old with around 1000 rounds fired with a new pistol and you're complaining?

Quote Originally Posted by McSull View Post
    I bought a Taurus once......once.
    I got a Taurus revolver, because I've wanted it ever since I first saw it in 1998.

But then again, its a revolver. They tend to just work.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Solaran_X View Post
    I got a Taurus revolver, because I've wanted it ever since I first saw it in 1998.

But then again, its a revolver. They tend to just work.
    I had a 617 titanium. The cylinder would lock up after shooting .357 mag rounds out of it. Had to wait until it cooled down for twenty minutes or so before I could even swing the cylinder out.

He's mad that it's the wrong color.

If you consider you're losing a used gun for a new one, that $100 retail price difference disappears.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast