Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Luzerne County)

Question Taurus pt 140 g2

I carry a Springfield xds 3.3 9mm edc for now. Recently i put a deposit on the Taurus in .40 and and am waiting for a call.. I would like to switch between the two.. For $250 it felt right!! Anyone have input on the pt140? Iv'e read LOTS of great reviews on the g2.. I'm adding this to my carry options for summer/winter to give me more punch thru winter/leather coats with the .40 and staying with the 9mm for summer.. Thanx..

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Taurus pt 140 g2

I also read many of the possitive reviews and bought a Taurus Pt 140 G2 a couple weeks back. I have shot 300 rounds through it; a combination of reload cast and Berry plated bullets as well as two boxes of Winchester white box factory Ammo. Everything fed and fired with no issues. Mine has a very nice trigger pull. Recoil is manageable but this is a 40 S&W in a Very light weight gun. I own two other 40s a Glock 22 and a S&W SD40VE. The Taurus has much more felt recoil than either.

(Luzerne County)

hornady, thanx for the response!! I did some research on the sd40 and still landed on the Taurus. It was a tough call. My instinct told me that an S&W pistol would be "more reliable" or a better gun? But then i realized that i was a victim of popular opinion. You are one of many that i now hear about Taurus being a respected manufacturer again.. As far as recoil, well it's a polymer .40 so ya.. I have never owned a Glock, i'm not prejudice, just like Springfield and S&W..I'm waiting on my g2.. Can't wait to run a few mags thru her!!!!

(Delaware County)

Good luck Polaris. I own a few second generation Taurus Mil Pros. Never had any problems. The first generation 45s had trouble with frame cracking. The second generation corrected that problem. Third generation Mil Pros had some bumps in the road over that unusual single action/double action after a failure to fire design. Consumers can thank Taurus for being among the first to offer a lifetime warranty on their firearms. The G2 and its forefathers offer a compact design with a great grip. $250 is a steal, but it would feel just as good even at a higher price. Taurus has had more than their share of critics over the years, some complaints justified, others were not. Be that as it may, Taurus is offering a great price at this time to make their product very attractive. This low peace offering sale price will not last forever as their products increase in sales.