Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Considering a Walther PPX in 9mm... Anyone have one?

Saw a PPX last week and seemed like a really nice pistol for the price point. I am considering the 9mm with a threaded barrel. They can be had for $300!

They're butt ugly, but handling it I was surprised how nice the ergonomics are and was downright shocked by the trigger. The reset was rather long but I liked the trigger pull. I liked it a lot. It is a funky design... Partially cocked hammer fired?

Seriously considering picking one up, but would like to hear thoughts and opinions from anyone who has shot one.

TC

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Considering a Walther PPX in 9mm... Anyone have one?

I picked up a lightly used one back in February for my wife as a range gun. I got to shoot it and was pleasantly surprised. It shot well and the dao trigger was much better than you would think. She enjoyed shooting it and it fits her pretty well. For the price it's a good gun and don't think you can go wrong.

(Montgomery County)

It seems like a great value. Unfortunately, I believe I've heard some bad feedback over at the walther forums. Check up over there before taking the plunge.

(Lackawanna County)

I have about 500 rounds through mine with zero issues. It's very accurate with mild recoil and that trigger is effortless. It's a much better gun than it appears to be, if you judge on looks alone. Walther is now offering a lifetime warranty on that gun (and on all their guns made since 1994), and my understanding is the warranty goes with the gun, not the owner.

I don't think there's a better value out there. If it fits your hand, you will soon grow to love it. It will, however, sometimes eject a case right over your head.
    My goal in Life is to become the kind of problem that people throw money at.

(Pike County)

I've had one since last year. Saw it on Slickguns for $279, so it was an impulse buy. I got the accessory pack from Walther as well. Overall, I really like it. The ergos fit my hand. The trigger is amazing, beats all my striker fired pistols including my VP9. I almost always take it with me to the range. It is absurdly easy to hit with at 25 yards. Lots of fun.
    The only negative is that it is somewhat picky with ammo. It absolutely refuses to feed ZQI 9mm NATO spec. ammo. It FTE about every other round. I have also had FTF/FTE issues with aluminum cased ammo (Federal 115 gr.)
    Other stuff like Tula BrassMaxx runs fine.

(York County)

Well I broke down and bought one. It's not going to win any beauty contests, but it fits thw hands nicely.

Going to the range on Saturday.

(York County)

Went to the range this past Saturday and shot about 200 rounds through it. Hard to believe how well it shoots and handles for the price. I can't think of a full sized handgun that I have shot that was more accurate. So far 100% reliable, but all I shot throiugh it was Winchester Whit Box 115 gr and some HornadybCritical defense +P JHP.

Wow, happy camper! If you're looking for an inexpensive 9mm for the range or for defensive purposes I can't imagine anything comes close to the value that is the Walther PPX.

Not much interest in this thread, but I'm tellin' ya this is a really nice pistol for the money. As for the looks, it's growing on me. Kind of like a good ol mutt.

(Bucks County)

I was thoroughly impressed with it when I shot it. So much so I've thought about getting a good holster and carrying it, even though I technically bought it for the wife...

(Cumberland County)

+1 on the PPX--I'm a huge fan! I handled one at a store in Maine while on a trip and was amazed at the feel of the gun and the NICE trigger! Got back to PA and ordered one from here: http://www.cdnnsports.com/walther-pp...l#.VdDvylMUXv8 in 9mm. Since I bought mine, my brother, nephew and best friend bought one--all happy campers! This is probably the nicest gun for the money that I've ever bought. Even my wife likes to shoot it and she can hit well with it. I've got about 1000 rounds through it and have never had a malfunction with it. I'd highly recommend the PPX to anyone!

(Monroe County)

As Far as a Walther, I just bought my first about 2 months ago and I love it. Has been my EDC since my first range visit. Its the P99 AS. De-cocker, DA/SA with the shortest reset I have
    ever experienced. I am glad someone introduced my the the Walther brand.

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedCopper View Post
    Went to the range this past Saturday and shot about 200 rounds through it. Hard to believe how well it shoots and handles for the price. I can't think of a full sized handgun that I have shot that was more accurate. So far 100% reliable, but all I shot throiugh it was Winchester Whit Box 115 gr and some HornadybCritical defense +P JHP.

Wow, happy camper! If you're looking for an inexpensive 9mm for the range or for defensive purposes I can't imagine anything comes close to the value that is the Walther PPX.

Not much interest in this thread, but I'm tellin' ya this is a really nice pistol for the money. As for the looks, it's growing on me. Kind of like a good ol mutt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast