Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (York County)

Default How he got the gun-

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/07/10...cmp=latestnews

OK, I got a bad feeling about this and where it could lead, longer waiting periods.

IMHO

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Default Re: How he got the gun-

Faulty govt system fails, so inept govt wants to expand use of said system. Check.

The land o' cotton, old times there are not forgotten

'We are all sick': FBI boss says gun check breakdown allowed Dylann Roof to buy weapon
    If he had killed a couple of white old ladies the comment by the FBI "boss" would have been "It is regrettable but every system has flaws and we try to correct those flaws when we find them."

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by gizzymo View Post

OK, I got a bad feeling about this and where it could lead, longer waiting periods.

IMHO
    In this case, an extension of the waiting period, no matter how long, would of not have stopped the delivery. There was missing data that would of otherwise stopped Lake from walking with the gun. Lake did lie on the 4473 and there was no information available to expose the lie. The FBI admitted to the slip up and failure of the system. As most know, the FBI doesn't admit anything unless the screw up was beyond obvious. This is still a breaking story and the circumstances are liable to change.
    If you recall when the shooting occurred, there were published reports that the father bought the gun for the shooter as a birthday gift. It took a few days to debunk that story. At least Lake did not buy the gun from a gun show parking lot, and the weapon of choice was not a black gun.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by c45man View Post
    In this case, an extension of the waiting period, no matter how long, would of not have stopped the delivery. There was missing data that would of otherwise stopped Lake from walking with the gun. Lake did lie on the 4473 and there was no information available to expose the lie. The FBI admitted to the slip up and failure of the system. As most know, the FBI doesn't admit anything unless the screw up was beyond obvious. This is still a breaking story and the circumstances are liable to change.
    If you recall when the shooting occurred, there were published reports that the father bought the gun for the shooter as a birthday gift. It took a few days to debunk that story. At least Lake did not buy the gun from a gun show parking lot, and the weapon of choice was not a black gun.
    Who's Lake?
    I forgot how much I missed the slang from the 70's and 80's: "Bite me, dig?"

(Northampton County)

Background Checks: garbage in garbage out.

The only change I can see coming is that the dealer will have to wait to deliver the weapon until the check is finished and approved. Not that this would have changed anything.

Stuart

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by flygrimm View Post
    Background Checks: garbage in garbage out.

The only change I can see coming is that the dealer will have to wait to deliver the weapon until the check is finished and approved. Not that this would have changed anything.

Stuart
    This ^^^^^^^ info in and no follow up. I wonder if the Duke lacrosse players are still considered rapist?

(Carbon County)

IMHO

Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

(Westmoreland County)

IMHO
    The Gun Control lobby will try.

They'll try anything to score a few points. To "win a victory over the gun lobby".

(Delaware County)

Expect much political hay to be made from this by the anti-gunners and the OP is right, it may actually gain some traction.
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast