Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default First Time Gun Buying Experience

Your first gun purchase. Good/Bad experience, alone or with somebody, regrets or right decision?

(Chester County)

Default Re: First Time Gun Buying Experience

Mosin Nagant 91/30, day I turned 18, with my Dad. Gun was a POS but overall, it got my finger on the trigger more.

In hind sight, I would not have bought a Mosin but would have rather saved a bit more and bought something I'll shoot more than once a never.
    I'm only here for the wood c-rings.

(Jefferson County)

1st FFL transfer - Mossberg 500 at a FFL at an indoor fleamarket in Tampa. Good experience, I think I had a buddy with me that was interested in a handgun that the dealer had. 18yo.

1st gun direct purchase whatsoever - Smith & Wesson model 1500 .222Rem from one of my uncles. Needless to say, good experience. Even though I hate boltguns today, I wish I still had that rifle. 17yo.

Prior to those above I had my dad buy me some guns from folks. ...indirect private purchases.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

My first gun purchase was on the corner of 5th & Erie in phila my cousin just told me to meet up with the guy in the purple shirt. I did get a great deal only 50 bucks but it was short lived the gun jammed all the time clip always got stuck in the gun so i wound up just tossing it in the Delaware.
    People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

(Philadelphia County)

First purchase was years ago at Lou's pawn shop in Upper Darby.Me and a buddy used to always go there to look at the guns they had on display and I eventually bought a Grendel P 10 in .380.It was always a good experience there because although there was not much space for customers and it was busy due to the financial services as well as jewelry and electronics sales someone was always willing to take out a gun that I asked to see and answer my questions about it.

(Tioga County)

My first was a Remington Model 1100 LT20 from BEST (remember them?). It was a good shotgun and served me well for many a year (rabbit, pheasant, clays).

I sold it a few years ago to a member here.
    MikeP

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by IIIIIREPOIIIII View Post
    My first gun purchase was on the corner of 5th & Erie in phila my cousin just told me to meet up with the guy in the purple shirt. I did get a great deal only 50 bucks but it was short lived the gun jammed all the time clip always got stuck in the gun so i wound up just tossing it in the Delaware.
    I Did not realize you spent time working for Philly PD.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Washington County)

First rifle was a Ruger 10/22 when I was 18 at Bee's Guns in Saltsburg, PA. I was planning on it.

First handgun was a used Springfield XD45 at Bee's shortly after my 21st. I walked in, said to Ken "If you have a used XD45 for $400 I'll buy it." I walked out $400 poorer.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Philadelphia County)

My first purchase was at the gun show at the Philadelphia armory about 14 years ago. I didn't know much about handguns at all, but wanted something reliable and inexpensive. Ended up buying an ex-police S&W Model 15 .38 Special that turned out to be an excellent firearm for $225.

Mossy 500 in the BazaaR on Baltimore Pike in Springfield. Ok I guess, no big deal. Funny how they are still about $325 30 years later.. Sold it to my brother and bought an 870 and I got a 700 BDL in .270 too, and a scope all for about $400 at Best in Marple Crossing when they were going out of business.
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast