Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Default J.A. 9mm Jimenez

I never heard of this gun but a friend bought one and I got to shoot it this evening. Apparently these are normally junk. He said he paid less then 200 dollars for it and it has a lifetime warranty. Anyway, the crazy thing is ,this ugly bastard shoots very impressive! Trigger pull is long and gushy. After getting used to the trigger I was 4 inch grouping at 15 yards. I had an occasional stray or 2 but this thing was almost fun to shoot. Make no mistake, I would never give up a Sig or CZ for it. Just wondering if anyone else has ever bought one of these things to play with at the range. I am going to watch them on gunbroker to see how cheap they can go for.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: J.A. 9mm Jimenez

It's think it's hit or miss with these very cheap pistols. One can get a very good one and the next one will be a jam-o-matic turd. Some amateur gunsmithing might make a bad one tolerable, but I want something that shoots well out of the box. I had often thought of getting one for the hell of it, especially one of those ghetto-fabulous chrome-plated ones, but then again, it could be like pulling $150 out of my wallet and lighting it on fire. I would never depend on it for my self-defense piece. The lowest priced firearm I bought new was a Bersa Thunder .380 on which I thought I was taking a chance that turned out to be a pretty decent pistol despite its low cost.

(Jefferson County)

One of my uncles has one branded under a prior manufacturer. It is heavy for its size, but surprisingly accurate. I don't recall him having any problems with it, and I didn't with the couple mags of ammo I put through it.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Clearfield County)

(Philadelphia County)

Here is a great site for all that are interested in Jimenez Arms and its many relatives:

http://www.bryco-jennings-jimenezarms.com/forum/

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by sdeen View Post
    I never heard of this gun but a friend bought one and I got to shoot it this evening. Apparently these are normally junk. He said he paid less then 200 dollars for it and it has a lifetime warranty. Anyway, the crazy thing is ,this ugly bastard shoots very impressive! Trigger pull is long and gushy. After getting used to the trigger I was 4 inch grouping at 15 yards. I had an occasional stray or 2 but this thing was almost fun to shoot. Make no mistake, I would never give up a Sig or CZ for it. Just wondering if anyone else has ever bought one of these things to play with at the range. I am going to watch them on gunbroker to see how cheap they can go for.
    If you get one you can pick up a cheap Uncle Mike's holster for carry. You will never feel more "Bad Ass" then you will carrying a JA 9 in an uncle Mike's holster.

You can get a Taurus pt111 for $199

Here is something you won't hear often , save up a couple more dollars ..... and get a hi point.
    seriously.
    no excuse not to