Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lebanon County)

Default NOT TOO SHABBY. (video)

Trial and error, this is probably my best chuck huntin' video. The cast of characters (groundhogs) were kinda' cooperative late this afternoon.

I need to work on the length of the video and try to shorten them. The quality is pretty good. The shootin' was OK. I blew an easy shot, but I drilled two where the VMax was supposed to go. That single shot sends them down the middle, it always has, the up and down is me.

Being retired I have the time and latitude, to try something new. The videos are fun, but I am still a chuck shooter, with a .204----My new hip is gettin' there, but I still have to exercise caution. Trying to make videos has filled a hole with my passion to hunt groundhogs.

These vids still look better in full screen, but not to shabby in standard screen.

fossil

Last edited by ImAfossil; June 27th, 2015 at 04:55 AM. Reason: fix
    Do the eyes go first ?????? MAYBE NOT !

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: NOT TOO SHABBY. (video)

The chair is a necessity. Since my hip replacement, I can not sit on the ground for any length of time. Brutal back spasms. So I drag the chair around, which is a pain, but not as bad as getting hit with a spasm. I need the chair to support my back. My options are not to hunt or drag the chair around. I choose the latter.
    fossil

(Bucks County)

Nice video Mr. 'ImAfossil' It has been years since I went chuck hunting and I recall all the preparation and hunting adventures. Y'all did well especially with a new hip out in the field. You have a tack driver fore sure. Keep the videos coming they look great. You 'old guys rock' Well, you do have a year up on me so I can say that
    NRA endowment

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by J View Post
    Nice video Mr. 'ImAfossil' It has been years since I went chuck hunting and I recall all the preparation and hunting adventures. Y'all did well especially with a new hip out in the field. You have a tack driver fore sure. Keep the videos coming they look great. You 'old guys rock' Well, you do have a year up on me so I can say that
    Good to hear from you J. When are we going to meet at Shyda's ? Yup, I agree being a lot older than you the hills are much steeper.

You said 'tack driver' for the single shot .204----In a way it is. I have never had a problem with left and right. The NEF does launch them down the middle consistently. The up and down is my call, that is where the screw ups (misses) are all me. Even out to 300 + yards, I can count on that 32 grainer being smack dab down the MIDDLE.

Since the .204 is the only one I don't reload, at Shyda's I am under $20 a box. Most of the time I find the Hornady's north of $25 per box. Sometimes just short of $30 a box.

fossil
    Last edited by ImAfossil; June 27th, 2015 at 03:05 PM. Reason: fix spelling

(Franklin County)

USMC 2/10 1982-85
    ~REMEMBER FT. HOOD~

(Lehigh County)

Between the fishing and hunting when does the Florida trip start?
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by A-5 View Post
    Between the fishing and hunting when does the Florida trip start?
    'ON THE ROAD AGAIN'-----With my legs being a little weak, my bride Shirley now has her Captain's Wings. Not sure about Florida. Maybe Las Vegas !

Shirley handles the F350 pretty good and will get to pull our TT about 40% more. I attribute this to her maturity. Shirley is much, much older than me.

Here is pic of her saddling up to do some pullin'-----It is important that you do not mention the compliment I gave her about, being a lot older than me. Do you understand what 'DEAD MEAT IS'----Now you would not like that on your conscience, would you ??????Myrtle, Disney Aug Sept 2013 008.jpg

fossil