Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default FNS 10 Cent Trigger Job, Success!

So I tried my hand at smoothing up my FNS-9L's trigger. And well, it worked!

As some of you have pointed out, the FNS stock trigger is a bit gritty on the take up. Some say just shoot it, some say just sell it.

Seeing as I didn't want to sell, nor did I have the time (read: money) to shoot thousands of rounds, I tried my hand at an at-home fix.

Supplies:
    800 and 1200 grit sandpaper. That's it.

I noticed the trigger bar was rubbing up against the slide release which in turn was rubbing against the frame.

Step 1) disassemble your firearm after safety checking.

Step 2) start by sanding and rounding the sides of the trigger bar. There's no worry here about ruining the finish as the parts are both stainless.

I found that the edges of the trigger bar were a bit higher than the rest, probably burs from machining. I sanded and round these to a polished, mirror finish. Be careful to stop, check and double check that you don't take too much off.

Step 3) sand and polish the inside of the slide catch/ release where it comes in contact with the trigger bar. Same procedure as step 2 but only the one side.

Step 4) reassemble and enjoy!

I didn't touch the sear, or striker assembly.

The take up is now veryyyyy smooth and the break is, as Giessele puts it, carrot-snap-like.

At the very least, this was educational. These pistols are much more complicated than, say, glocks, xds, and m&p's.

If you guys want pictures or disassembly instructions, just ask. It was a lot of trial and error and there's really nothing out there yet.
    I'm only here for the wood c-rings.

Default Re: FNS 10 Cent Trigger Job, Success!

Where do you find sandpaper for a nickel per sheet?

Well done though. Always satisfying to do things yourself for no or little cost.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot