Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Our Pa Game Commission operates on PERCEPTIONS

Was in the paper this morning. They are kicking around "allowing" us to shoot coyotes and foxes with semi-automatics. A spokesman stated it will not affect deer and bear hunting; "the commission is concerned about the perception of hunters wearing camo and carrying military style weapons.

JFC on a busted crutch! Have they ever contemplated the perception of a hunter shitting in the woods? (or is that illegal now....)

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Our Pa Game Commission operates on PERCEPTIONS

They realize they're in a stupid position so they're trying to come up with a halfway point to please both sides.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Wyoming County)

Shaking my damn head. So the PGC is worried about perceptions of deer hunters wearing camo but much more blaze orange, but not so worried about coyote hunters being all camo'd up and if I am not mistaken aren't required to wear any orange outside of the Deer/Bear seasons? WTF?
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

most PGC regs. were cobbled together with the primary focus being whatever is easiest for the WCO to enforce. It's the same one size fits all decision making that plaques all government agencies. They kicked and put up a fuss about allowing carrying semis for protection too.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    JFC on a busted crutch! Have they ever contemplated the perception of a hunter shitting in the woods? (or is that illegal now....)
    Only if someone sees your buck-eye.

(Westmoreland County)

I think a lot of what the game commission does is based on potential income. The moment they believe they will sell more hunting licenses by legalizing semi automatic firearms they will do so.

(Bucks County)

^^^ Don't think so. Safety first yada yada.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by pennlineman View Post
    I think a lot of what the game commission does is based on potential income. The moment they believe they will sell more hunting licenses by legalizing semi automatic firearms they will do so.
    I'm not so sure about that. A lot of things they do seem more easily explained that they want to annoy and anger people as much as possible and deter as many people as they can. Ridiculously complicated hodgepodging of fall seasons, short bear season, pathetically short gun deer season, stupid tag system, exorbitant prices, complicated rules, etc. If they wanted more license sales and $ they'd do the opposite and Sunday hunting plus semi autos wouldn't have EVER been banned in the first place.
    Last edited by Yellowfin; June 16th, 2015 at 10:54 PM.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Bucks County)

I am actually hoping the wild pig takes off here like it has down South. PGC has mismanaged the deer herd to the point it's almost not worth going out anymore. Wild Pigs, blooming out of control, will loosen the laws on semi-autos and ammo restrictions, and give us something attainable, fun, and even more important, the PGC won't be able to decimate the herd like they did with deer.

Wow. I thought all they did anymore was build roads and parking lots then gate them.
    When they aren't cutting trees or course.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast