Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Elk County)

Thumbs down Allegheny Arsenal -- Bradford, PA

This shop is located in downtown Bradford adjacent to the four-lane US219. They do business as MG34.com on the 'Net. They got started as a Title II dealer and seller of MG34, Maxim, and other SMG/MG parts kits, and have been seen at the larger shows in PA. For several years AA/MG34.com did not have a storefront, and wholesaled Mosin Nagant rifles and offered other firearms, but would not sell to individuals -- only to other FFLs. I recall being at one Harrisburg show like six or seven years ago witnessing an individual begging to buy three Mosin 91-30s, but Greg Souchik, the owner, was adamant that the guy had to go find an FFL to which he would transfer the guns.

Then the owner opened "Allegheny Arsenal" as the retail store about four or five years ago. Suddenly it was OK to sell to the public. I guess everyone is entitled to change his or her mind.

Prices on new and used guns, accessories, and ammo are very high as compared to other shops in north central PA. I stop there just to see if anything is worth considering but rarely have I bought anything because of the extremely high pricing.

The customer service aspect of AA is somewhat off-putting as well. The general demeanor of the staff is "matter-of-fact" bordering on "take it or leave it."

Don't make a special trip.

Noah

(McKean County)

Thumbs down Re: Allegheny Arsenal -- Bradford, PA

The above post is dead on. The employees are extremely knowledgeable in their own minds about everything firearm related. I was told 7.62 x 54 ammo doesn't come in soft point, yet they had several boxes of that exact ammo sitting on their shop floor for sale. All I can say is thank god B Town has a better place to go for my hunting / shooting needs so I never have to darken this, IMHO, pompous, over priced junk store!

(McKean County)

Default Re: Allegheny Arsenal -- Bradford, PA

I agree entirely with the above posts. You can bet you'll be pissed off and/or severely annoyed by the pompous dinks that work here. Wouldn't buy so much as a piece of gum from this place.

(McKean County)

I stop in once a week and everything stays put there are even dust marks around the collectible stuff. I don't go out of my way or anything but I don't know too many places around here that stock surplus arms and ammo so I am stuck visiting AA.

(McKean County)

Quote Originally Posted by Xbowman View Post
    The above post is dead on. The employees are extremely knowledgeable in their own minds about everything firearm related. I was told 7.62 x 54 ammo doesn't come in soft point, yet they had several boxes of that exact ammo sitting on their shop floor for sale. All I can say is thank god B Town has a better place to go for my hunting / shooting needs so I never have to darken this, IMHO, pompous, over priced junk store!
    what other place is there in Btown? do they sell surplus guns and ammo?

(McKean County)

Check out "The Gun Shop". They're located in the mini-mall at E main St and North Kendall Ave. Friendly guys and they have some surplus guns/ammo.

(McKean County)

Quote Originally Posted by uplander12ga View Post
    Check out "The Gun Shop". They're located in the mini-mall at E main St and North Kendall Ave. Friendly guys and they have some surplus guns/ammo.
    thanks, i just moved up here and am clueless as to whats around. now if i could just get a membership to a local range with at least a 300 yard level rifle range

(McKean County)

Welcome to the area. I believe the Mckean County Rifle Club on Rt 770, near Pine Acres golf club has a 200 yd range. Not sure who might have a 300 yd.

(McKean County)

All in One Sports on East Main. Think it's "The Gun Shop" mentioned. Got a case of 5.56 over nighted when they didn't have it in stock. They are really decent and knowledgeable and definatly ALOT more customer friendly than Allegany Ahole ... er Arsenal

(McKean County)

The Gun Shop on east main street closed recently.
    I've bought a few guns and a lot of ammo at "Sportsmans Outlet" (on Chestnut street in Bradford), there prices are fair and Ben Jr. & Cal are good to deal with. The're not the know it all types like other shops in the area.
    They also have a pretty good selection of outdoor/sporting goods in stock.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast