Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default NJ-Ex-boyfriend sought in woman's slaying while she waited FOR A PERMIT

The Berlin Township woman got a restraining order against a former boyfriend, installed security cameras and an alarm system to her home and began the months-long process of obtaining a handgun, friends said.
    But it wasn't enough.
    Bowne, 39, was stabbed to death in the driveway of her Patton Avenue home on Wednesday night.

http://www.courierpostonline.com/sto...-twp/28461361/
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: NJ-Ex-boyfriend sought in woman's slaying while she waited FOR A PERMIT

Restraining orders are useless and often enrage the person to whom it was served. The ex or stalker thinks, "Oh, you think I'm dangerous psycho? Well, then I'll BE a dangerous psycho!" The ex-boyfriend in that article most definitely fits that type!

(Bucks County)

Default Re: NJ-Ex-boyfriend sought in woman's slaying while she waited FOR A PERMIT

Quote Originally Posted by lemko View Post
    Restraining orders are useless and often enrage the person to whom it was served. The ex or stalker thinks, "Oh, you think I'm dangerous psycho? Well, then I'll BE a dangerous psycho!" The ex-boyfriend in that article most definitely fits that type!
    Also, I don't even know if having a gun would have saved her as in NJ it's impossible to get your carry. Unless she was letting the dog out or something like that. Bottom line, the blood is on the police chief's hands and these people need to be held accountable because of denying their right to self defense!
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

Restraining orders have the same effect on a stalker intent on harm as gun laws do on other criminals intent on using a gun in an illegal manner.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    The Berlin Township woman got a restraining order against a former boyfriend, installed security cameras and an alarm system to her home and began the months-long process of obtaining a handgun, friends said.
    But it wasn't enough.
    Bowne, 39, was stabbed to death in the driveway of her Patton Avenue home on Wednesday night.

http://www.courierpostonline.com/sto...-twp/28461361/
    Probably viewed as a win for the NJ politicians because it means one less gun owner in the State. They will see no fault on their part and say that knives are the problem.

mission accomplished

(i guess urinating on him did not work)

hopefully she took comfort in knowing that cops were only minutes away
    Montani Semper Liberi

(Monroe County)

That is a shame!! Hey Bloomburg's Anti tactics are working out well. But really this is really disturbing.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    Bottom line, the blood is on the police chief's hands and these people need to be held accountable because of denying their right to self defense!
    Yes... the police chief forced her to date a guy she most likely knew was a psycho. Everyone talks about taking self responsibility for their own safety and self defense. It doesn't start with the gun, it starts with those every day choices we make. New Jersey's stupid laws are hardly the police chief's fault.

"Court records show Eitel pleaded guilty to a weapons offense in 2008 after being indicted in 2006 on a charge of aggravated assault with bodily injury. He received a five-year sentence for that offense, which neighbors said was related to an assault on a former girlfriend."

(Bucks County)

Another reason not to live in NJ
    Last edited by elweasel; June 5th, 2015 at 12:44 PM.
    IANAL MPMO VIVA CUBA LIBRE

(Westmoreland County)

The bottom line is you and you alone are responsible for your personal safety. No piece of paper will ever trump that. To force people into living this existence with with BS, feel good laws is just as criminal as the one who committed the crime in my opinion.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast