Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Default Harbor Freight backs down, allows OC

They might as well cancel their ads in American Rifleman now.

Incendiary Image of the Day: Feelings Edition
    By Robert Farago on June 4, 2015
    http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...lings-edition/

Harbor Freight Tools is a “gun free zone.” Americans cannot legally exercise their natural, civil and Constitutionally protected right to keep and bear arms within their stores. Legally (deepening on your state). There is nothing to stop American carrying their guns into the store illegally – except the law. Which honest Americans observe and criminals have a habit of ignoring. In Harbor Freight Tools stores. Take this story [via wacotrib.com], for example . . .

A man was indicted by a grand jury Wednesday on charges connected to a July 12 robbery of Harbor Freight in the 3900 block of Bosque Boulevard.

Chase Colten Goeke, 24, was charged with two counts of aggravated robbery and one count of evading arrest.

The charges stem from an incident in which three men robbed the store at gunpoint after assaulting several employees about 10 p.m. that Saturday, Waco police Sgt. W. Patrick Swanton said.

The men allegedly accosted a Harbor Freight employee as he was taking out the trash before pushing him into the store and pistol-whipping him.

One of the men assaulted another woman who worked in the store by choking her and pushing her to the floor, Swanton said.

The three men — who were armed with handguns and wearing black clothing, ski masks and gloves — took an undisclosed amount of checks and cash, he said.

I wonder if the Harbor Freight employees and customers felt safe before the violent robbery. I imagine they didn’t feel safe during the attack. And definitely not after.

Not that I’m implying that a gun would – or should – make someone feel safe. It should help them be safe. Which it can’t if it’s in your car and you’re in a store. Of course, there are more than a few gun owners who wouldn’t put themselves in that scenario. And for good reason. [h/t SS]
    Last edited by scruff; June 5th, 2015 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Update title

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Harbor Freight goes gun-free

Because one guy with a gun did something bad in their stores all people with guns are bad? My local HF has black people working there, I should stop shopping there because I might get mugged one of their employees.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

They say that they want 'all customers to feel comfortable', then say in the same breath that we all have to leave our guns in our cars. How is this suppose to make me feel comfortable?

Quote Originally Posted by American1776 View Post
    They say that they want 'all customers to feel comfortable', then say in the same breath that we all have to leave our guns in our cars. How is this suppose to make me feel comfortable?
    Before you were legally allowed to CC or OC did you shop in stores? Did you feel comfortable then?

Yet the hypocrites will continue to sell gun safes, ammo boxes, cleaning kits and other firearms-related supplies?

Quote Originally Posted by PA1936MN View Post
    Before you were legally allowed to CC or OC did you shop in stores? Did you feel comfortable then?
    Irrelevant as both times change...and I do not feel comfortable leaving my firearms unintended in cars. If I'm carrying it that day, I am CARRYING IT.

"Before" carrying would also be before ISIS' infiltration of the country, before the current crop of race riots nationwide, before the Government actually started busing in infected illegals from South America...and before Obama.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    Yet the hypocrites will continue to sell gun safes, ammo boxes, cleaning kits and other firearms-related supplies?
    It might be fun to carry a rifle into one just to test fit it in one of their safes on display.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Lawrence County)

It seems like every time a place of business gives a reason for not allowing people to carry inside, the reason is because it scares customers. Why is it so hard to comprehend that someone with a gun that has bad intentions is not going to cruise around the store with a gun on their hip checking out the tub of bungee cords. Also telling someone to leave something like a gun in their car, in a store parking lot is the worst advice anyone can give. Might has well tell them leave the windows down so they don't have to clean up glass.

So I guess we should fear all normal people that open carry, and not worry about the guys wearing black clothes, ski masks, and hiding a gun in their waist band.

(Bucks County)

That makes sense. Commie ideals go well with all the Chi-com crap that they sell.

"This policy does not prevent you from shopping in our stores..."

Uh, yeah it does!

(Allegheny County)

Can anyone link to the actual post HF made on their Facebook page? A press release on their website? A genuine photograph of a notice at their stores? Or some other verifiable source source to this policy?

All I see is an image my elementary aged niece could have put together with even the most basic image software.

I'm going to keep shopping there until something more than photographic trickery is used to persuade me otherwise.
    Last edited by QuackXP; June 4th, 2015 at 12:59 PM.
    "No, it's just a machine. I'm the weapon." - Jack Harper in Oblivion

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast