Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default PA statute of limitations LTCF

I was convicted of a drug paraphernalia possession 14 years ago (pot pipe). I applied for and was denied my concealed carriers permit multiple times in the past (but under the 10 year mark). I'm military and recently moved back to the East coast. I am wondering if there is a statute of limitations before i apply again or request a pardon or clemency. I read somewhere "convictions within the last 10 years ". Any info would be greatly appreciated.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: PA statute of limitations LTCF

The first step would be choosing a different member name.

I've used it since i was a youngin, dogs name was Sativa, lol. I've kept it ever since. Ryan4882 was taken

(Philadelphia County)

Lol sativa. Also you list your location as MD , you do know that as a non resident you would first need a MD permit before you could get a non resident PA permit

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    The first step would be choosing a different member name.
    smiley-laughing.gif

(Jefferson County)

There is no statute of limitations on convictions in PA(except most adjudicated delinquent things for those under 18yo).

A prohibiting conviction would need a pardon, which to even to be considered for a pardon requires 10-15 years of good behavior prior to the petition, plus having a job, no debt collectors after your, some sort of positive participation in the community, etc, etc. Then after the pardon you would need an expungement.

The other route for rights restoration requires you to be 70 years old and not having any convictions in the 10 or so years prior to the application.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

lol fetus. Active Duty military with a valid PA drivers license. Once a resident, always a resident. But thank you ; )

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    There is no statute of limitations on convictions in PA(except most adjudicated delinquent things for those under 18yo).

A prohibiting conviction would need a pardon, which to even to be considered for a pardon requires 10-15 years of good behavior prior to the petition, plus having a job, no debt collectors after your, some sort of positive participation in the community, etc, etc. Then after the pardon you would need an expungement.

The other route for rights restoration requires you to be 70 years old and not having any convictions in the 10 or so years prior to the application.

That's what I was afraid of. I got 37 years until 70 so it looks like I may have to take the other route. I've had a super clean record since 2001 so I should be good on that end. Thanks Knight, I appreciate your insight.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by sativa42 View Post
    lol fetus. Active Duty military with a valid PA drivers license. Once a resident, always a resident. But thank you ; )
    Speak with an attorney if you are serious about getting your name cleared. There are a lot of circumstances that can come into play.

As for, 'once a resident, always a resident,' again, speak with an attorney. There is specific language defining residency by law, and 'once a resident, always a resident,' probably doesn't meet the standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnes View Post
    Speak with an attorney if you are serious about getting your name cleared. There are a lot of circumstances that can come into play.

As for, 'once a resident, always a resident,' again, speak with an attorney. There is specific language defining residency by law, and 'once a resident, always a resident,' probably doesn't meet the standard.
    Was screwing around about the once a resident quote. I am still a legal resident of PA until i relinquish my residency which i will never do, love the state too much. I will definitely have to contact a lawyer because I'd like the cc permit when i retire. I've read up on pardons and such, gonna be a pain in the ass but will be worth it. Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast