Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: oc'er sues Hazleton

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    I think that someone can be a bouncer and decide to carry his personal gun, without an Act 235 card, just like you can stand at your employer's exit and check receipts and decide to be armed without an Act 235 card. As I recall, the question is whether the employer requires the employee to be armed. Of course, if the employer is winking about a "personal choice to be armed", but in practice requires it, then that's different. If all the bouncers "happen to be" armed, a case can be made that it's a job requirement; if only 1 out of 3 is, and nobody is armed when that one guy's not working, then it's just a personal choice.

I'm not familiar with the facts of this case, but it's my understanding that a standard LTCF can suffice for your personal decision to be armed, or you can OC like anyone else without either the LTCF or Act 235 card. And concealed carry at a place where you work, where you aren't the business owner, is not an exemption; the courts have held that "your" place of work means that you literally own that place of work, not that you're just an employee.
    This!

(Indiana County)

It would be interesting to see the actual lawsuit filed.

(Monroe County)

Is Hazelton still this uptight about OC? Or do people OC in this area?

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by poconojoe View Post
    Is Hazelton still this uptight about OC? Or do people OC in this area?
    http://citizensvoice.com/news/with-g...arry-1.1264439

This article explains that since there has been such a large influx of illegals to Hazleton and the crime has gone up dramatically that seeing a Hispanic man with a gun is like ringing the drug gang bell. Besides, the Brady gang has done non biased polling on the issue and...

The Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence in Washington, D.C., encourages businesses to ban guns. A poll done for the campaign found that 52 percent of Americans oppose allowing people to openly carry loaded guns in public.
    I guess Hazleton since Lou has left to become a Congress critter has got to get used to high crime, illegal aliens and people carrying firearms to protect themselves.
    Last edited by JenniferG; June 8th, 2015 at 04:17 AM.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    The Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence in Washington, D.C., encourages businesses to ban guns. A poll done for the campaign found that 52 percent of Americans oppose allowing people to openly carry loaded guns in public.
    It's always interesting when the Lefties toggle between "majority rules" and "fundamental rights". When huge majorities oppose late term abortions, or gay marriage, or voter fraud, the argument is "hey, it's a RIGHT, you don't get to vote it away." It's just a shame that they forget about rights when it comes to guns.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Monroe County)

Sorry if this is trolling but I have close personal friends who live right in downtown Hazleton and they have been vandalized relentlessly over the last 3 years, with the radios being ripped out of their vehicles repeatedly, not even nice after market stereos, I'm talking stock am/fm radios. They have had their windows smashed out in the process. They are senior citizens in really bad health on a tight budget and they don't need this crap. My point? One, Hazleton has become a cesspool populated with the lowest forms of life imaginable, cram packed into apartment after apartment, and the police have better things to do with their time. Secondly, because the crime is so bad I'm surprised more people aren't open carrying. Not surprised that the police think they are the only ones who should have this option. Impatiently waiting for the final result of this suit.
    NRA Instructor/RSO
    C.A.R. Instructor
    Certified Glock Armorer

(Schuylkill County)

I work with alot of people from Hazleton and PoconoJo is correct. Most of the people I know don't OC but do CC. One person I know wrote on his CC application at the bottom of the paper: I need a permit to carry a gun because I live in Hazleton and most of the politicians don't.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCityK9Cop View Post
    Why do you guys hope he gets $400K? Do you know something about the facts of the case not presented in the news article?

If you do.. Did he have his ACT 235 when he was acting as armed security? If you don't know, that's ok, I was just curious.
    I didn't see where it mentioned armed bouncer.

Anybody can be a bouncer. There are no special licenses or classes. Hell, I did it once.
    I'm quite sure its up to the bar/club owner if he wants you to carry or not.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bill67 View Post
    I didn't see where it mentioned armed bouncer.
    Well if Steel City can find a hair out of place on the guy then multiple repeated police abuses become suspect or automatically justified. Pretty sad.

They really have been circling the wagons past couple years.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5230&dateline=1441069  448

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast