Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lebanon County)

Default CHUCK VID & Fishin pics

Went out this AM at first light. Not my best time to hunt chucks and also gettin' up before 5 AM. I really enjoy doing these field videos, but it is unrealistic to use my little camera. Let's see how my son can fix me up for the future with one of his oldies sittin' on a shelf. The early morning was beautiful. A few hours of seein' nuthin'. Lets pack it in. Had my .204 unloaded as I approached my truck. Had the tailgate down (why ? a senior moment). Parked on the same dairyman's access road to his fields, that I shot a chuck on 7 / 10 days ago. Took a glance up hill and sure enough, I picked up color. But, the chuck had me dead to rights--spooked. I had absolutely no cover. No where to hide. WAIT ! ! I'll lay under my tailgate. Maybe 15 / 20 minutes passed there is the head sticking out of the awfulls. I had the camera set up, but not on zoom. When you see the VID, I had to shoot through an opening in tall grass. With my 9000 pound portable camouflage grey truck hidin' me, the chuck bit and calmed down. She walked out and gave me a broad sider at her. Through the scope I saw her lift off of the ground and had a hard landing comin' back in. Even with full screen I don't think you will see this.
    I got to thinkin' about my batting average. I am way down in count, but I don't have a miss this year. A single shot H&R .204, that A-5 calls Black Beauty.

Since there has been some chatter about fishin' I threw a few pics in. 1) NICE BASS 2) My guys skimpy stringers, I only needed one 3) This is for real. A spring in Florida. I'm the only one swimmin' (chasin' bass), then eyeball to eyeball with a gentle 700 lb giant. What a thrill for 10 minutes. If video blocks pictures, just click on pic again. VID will disappear.
    fossil--------HEY ! ! ! I just edited my thread and video works ---if you click top left screen chuckrisodie, it will take you to youtube for full screen.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ImAfossil; May 27th, 2015 at 04:20 PM. Reason: add fishin' pics and remove a mess I was makin'
    Do the eyes go first ?????? MAYBE NOT !

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: CHUCK VID & Fishin pics

Yes it's black beauty and boy is it accurate. I have the 20g ultra slug hunter and they are very sweet shooters. Boy those fish picks are the best specialy the one on the right.
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

(Beaver County)

You and ground grizzlies.

Like a kid in a candy store.LOL
    Good shooting.Nice video.
    Μολὼν λαβέ
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

(Lehigh County)

Fossil I'm bring the fishing picks soon! First the trout unlimited fish fry schuylkill county

Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

(Lehigh County)

Fossil this ones for you. We know how you love cheesesteaks!!! Fishing videos coming!

Quote Originally Posted by A-5 View Post

Fossil this ones for you. We know how you love cheesesteaks!!! Fishing videos coming!
    Please tell me you stopped at the CMP North Store while you were all the way out in Port Clinton....

(Lebanon County)

A-5---Your vids are super. The content is always enjoyable, but your quality is unreal. My vids have a 100 edits of my feet. This would include my video to start this thread that I blew away.

AR15---Please ! & CMP Port Clinton---How do I answer this one ? Uuuh to include Duh ! BLEW IT !

fossil
    Last edited by ImAfossil; July 15th, 2015 at 10:32 AM. Reason: fix
    Do the eyes go first ?????? MAYBE NOT !