Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Are you supporting any local shooting ranges?

This is just an encouragement for everyone that likes to shoot and protect your 2A rights to join your local shooting range, even if you never shoot there.

While reading a thread here, I thought about the different gun clubs I have a membership card for, and rarely use their facility. Most cost $50 initial fee, then only $25 per year to renew. ($25 is less than it used to cost me on a night of carousing 30 years ago.)

All this is to say, join/support a few local gun clubs, even if you are only active in one.
    Veritas Vos Liberat

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Are you supporting any local shooting ranges?

I recently joined French Creek Outfitters...it's 25 minutes from home and I qualified for their $50 LE yearly membership.

Have been there twice and have found everyone to be pretty cool and have enjoyed the range.

(Blair County)

Member ship at one is 10 per year. It aint beautiful but it works. the other i used to go to was 25 to start 20 after. Considering the cost of a gym membership this is a hell of a deal. I think a lot of clubs would rather have members get invovled and do things such as clean up and maintence. I go to an adult outing and it cost me and the wife a hundred. Even with the cost of ammo im well under that in a days time.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by LastManOut View Post
    This is just an encouragement for everyone that likes to shoot and protect your 2A rights to join your local shooting range, even if you never shoot there.

While reading a thread here, I thought about the different gun clubs I have a membership card for, and rarely use their facility. Most cost $50 initial fee, then only $25 per year to renew. ($25 is less than it used to cost me on a night of carousing 30 years ago.)

All this is to say, join/support a few local gun clubs, even if you are only active in one.
    Maybe in Lehigh County you can join for $50 + $25 per year, but the clubs near me in Bucks County are ~$75 to join + $100 to $150 per year. That makes belonging to multiple clubs an expensive endeavor.

(Mifflin County)

I'm a member at 2 of my local clubs, and shoot competitions at both. So they're both getting my membership fees and entrance fees. I've also been busting my butt helping make improvements at the one club. I also help to run matches at the one club and help set up for matches at both.

Today it paid off getting to see the semi-finished new shooting pits, in the area I've been working almost every weekend for about the last 2 months. Hopefully, with the heavy equipment that's in there now, the pits will be finished tomorrow, or at least by the end of the week. I was quite surprised with the amount of work they got done in just one day....

(Berks County)

Im a member at my local range its only 2 miles from my house, I use it just about every week, Im there about twice a week just to walk around and pick up brass and anything that other people dont pick up, I try to make as many club meeting as I can to there, but I normally cant with work.

(Chester County)

I belong to the Atglen Sportsmans club in Atglen Pa. It cost me $125.00 to join and $85.00 per year thereafter but its money well spent to me. I currently do not belong to any other clubs but have another in mind to possibly join if I can find directions to the place so I can check it out.

(Berks County)

Fleetwood F&G, Muhlenberg Shooters Association.

mark

(Lehigh County)

Im a member at unami in emmaus I was a member at alburtus but dropped it a year or 2 ago. Are there any good plinking ranges in lehigh county area?

(Northampton County)

You might want to check out Guthsville Rod and Gun Club. They have a dedicated plinking range.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast