Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Angry Kiss this range goodbye...

http://www.timesleader.com/news/loca...ews/153614279/

Neighbor upset with the range. Look for it to quietly close.

Default Re: Kiss this range goodbye...

When people are horrified that we're allowing lead to go into the environment, I have to ask: Where did it come from in the first place?
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Chester County)

He's one of those guys that move to the country expecting tweeting birds and cows mooing only find his real estate agent sold him a place near a gun range. Idiot didn't do his research now he wants everyone to bow to him and correct his mistake for him. It's the same guy that buys a house just a down the road from a pig farm and when he notices pig farms can get pretty smelly they want the farm shut down. The guy is a male sex organ.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    When people are horrified that we're allowing lead to go into the environment, I have to ask: Where did it come from in the first place?
    How dare you.

(Bucks County)

it's a food source on the planet zanine.
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

Yet another shining example of a former military statist/government lackey.

He's probably from Jersey too.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Washington County)

The whole deal is summarized in the first sentence of the article. He hears gunshots. When I lived in the PRNJ there was a chicken farm in a rural area. The surrounding area grew into suburbia. As people moved out of the area and other people sold their land a lawyer bought up most of the available property and then started suing the chicken farmer over ever little thing. He finally drove the farmer out of business and made something like 20 million dollars. The only good thing was the farmer refused to sell any of his property to the lawyer.

(Lackawanna County)

It mostly comes from the naturally occurring mineral galena which is a lead (II) sulfide compound.

In chemistry, compounds that contain a element can (and mostly do) have vastly different characteristics than the elements which make them up. In this case, galena is much less toxic to the environment and animals that come in contact with it than is elemental lead.

Another example of the difference between a compound's characteristics and those of its component elements is water. It is used to put out fires. However, its component elements (hydrogen and oxygen) are rather explosive if they come in contact with flames.

I'm not a tree hugging enviro-nazi, but the argument against the need to mitigate the introduction of elementary lead into our environment because that's where it came from is patently ridiculous from a scientific sense.

That being said, it seems as if this guy is using lead as an excuse to close down the range. It should be easy for the PGC to mitigate the lead leaching into the environment. When they do, I wonder what this guy's next excuse will be.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    He's one of those guys that move to the country expecting tweeting birds and cows mooing only find his real estate agent sold him a place near a gun range. Idiot didn't do his research now he wants everyone to bow to him and correct his mistake for him. It's the same guy that buys a house just a down the road from a pig farm and when he notices pig farms can get pretty smelly they want the farm shut down. The guy is a male sex organ.
    More likely a female organ beginning with C
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

The land o' cotton, old times there are not forgotten

My old shooting club in Maryland is located on county land that is the watershed for the reservoir. On the same stretch of land are the police range and a county owned public range. Maryland passed a law protecting existing ranges from noise related lawsuits from owners of new homes. So, in an effort to get the ranges shut down, the yuppies tried the environmental route. OMG, our water is being contaminated. Both the state and the feds looked at it and said, "nope, water's fine."

I did meet an old guy who wore a big filter mask while shooting because he had absorbed too much lead over the years.
    Last edited by Grey Bearded One; May 24th, 2015 at 08:47 AM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast