Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs Metal Detectors

Quote Originally Posted by orange View Post
    I'm going to speak with an attorney this week, but figured I'd ask here if anybody knew.

I came across some website that had list of places where concealed carry is not allowed even with LTCF, and it included public places where large crowds gather like sports arenas. I don't ever remember hearing that before in any seminar or training class.

In Coca Cola Park, I didn't see any signs posted, but I did call the stadium last season and the operator said firearms are prohibited.

So is it legal to carry there?
    There is no statute in PA prohibiting carry at large public gatherings or sports arenas.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs Metal Detectors

Quote Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
    That is a valid concern. But the question is not where you are allowed to carry, but rather where you are legally allowed to carry. As far as I know, company policy doesn't justify legality, but federal buildings, elementary schools, etc do justify it being illegal carry.

I'm not telling, I'm asking. Has this come up before in a legal battle?
    I spoke to a USLawShield lawyer yesterday. In the Costco example, or any private company, that has a "no firearms" policy, it wouldn't affect a self-defense defense. In PA, those "no firearms" signs hold no legal weight, so they wouldn't affect your defense. However, according to the lawyer, if they can prove that you knew about the no firearms policy, and you carried, you could be facing a trespassing charge at most. But they would have to prove that you knew and not sure how they could do that or if they would even try to. In other states, Texas for example, those signs are enforceable and a private business having one means it's illegal to carry, and becomes a crime if involved in a shooting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12