Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default FEDERALIZATION OF LAW ENFORCEMENT WOULD REMOVE BULWARK FOR SECOND AMENDMENT

As we have seen from the Sandy Hook Elementary attack until now, the strongest voices against federal gun control have often been sheriffs in states where gun rights reign supreme. These same sheriffs have also pushed back against anti-Second Amendment legislators in their own states by pledging their refusal to enforce new gun laws, should such laws be enacted.

Federalizing sheriffs would effectively moot this opposition.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ond-amendment/
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

Default Re: FEDERALIZATION OF LAW ENFORCEMENT WOULD REMOVE BULWARK FOR SECOND AMENDMENT

There is a reality, that local troops are unwilling to use force against local citizens; that's why the National Guard swaps men from one area and uses them in civil disorders in another area, so that there's no chance that soldiers or officers will recognize friends and neighbors in a rebellious crowd, and decline to obey orders.

The more control the feds have over LEO's, the easier it is to transfer them around, the way they do with FBI agents. Uproot them from their communities, make the agency their family, and you minimize pesky moral qualms. When you grow up in the Lehigh Valley, you feel sympathy towards others in the Lehigh Valley, but when they transfer you to Idaho, those folks aren't your neighbors, so if they ain't cops, they're little people.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: FEDERALIZATION OF LAW ENFORCEMENT WOULD REMOVE BULWARK FOR SECOND AMENDMENT

(Berks County)

I thought that I heard something way way back in the olden days about States Rights.

Perhaps I heard wrong...

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    There is a reality, that local troops are unwilling to use force against local citizens; that's why the National Guard swaps men from one area and uses them in civil disorders in another area, so that there's no chance that soldiers or officers will recognize friends and neighbors in a rebellious crowd, and decline to obey orders.

The more control the feds have over LEO's, the easier it is to transfer them around, the way they do with FBI agents. Uproot them from their communities, make the agency their family, and you minimize pesky moral qualms. When you grow up in the Lehigh Valley, you feel sympathy towards others in the Lehigh Valley, but when they transfer you to Idaho, those folks aren't your neighbors, so if they ain't cops, they're little people.
    Getting harder to do with the guard. When I got in everyone in my unit was from Mifflin, Juniata or Snyder co. Now I've got soldiers from york, Philly, Centre, Florida, Maryland just in my platoon. Using Guard Troops from another State is tricky, legally speaking. Need written & legal binding agreements spelling out authority, powers, and so on. It is a mess that is well above my pay grade.

On another level, federal police well run right into a wall, the 3rd Ammendment. That is if anyone have a damn.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Delaware County)

I seem to recall some policy along these lines within the PSP too, where troopers are deliberately assigned to a troop in a part of the state away from their home of record, at least for their first tour. Perhaps UJ can confirm...
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Chester County)

And what they FAIL to realize is that the "locals" also don't want to fight our local "Leos" because we know them. HOWEVER . . . out of state Leos . . . WELL, That's another story.

Support your local CONSTITUTIONAL ABIDING Leos!
    Jimmy cracked corn and HE didn't care! Why should I?