Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default GSG 5 22cal. HK MP5 Clone

Has anyone tried the GSG5 yet? I purchased one and shot it at the store but I can't bring it home yet because of the 1 gun every 30 days thing here.

I missed out on those Armi Jagger/ Mitchell Arms M15/ CAR15 22cal. clones back in the 80's and didn't want to miss out on this rifle. These on-line run between 4350.00 missing parts and $550.00 NIB. With no parts supplier I don't think I'll be going that route.

However the GSG5's are made under HK licence and quality checks. I have the full stocked version w/ 22rd mag. I plan to add the collaspible stock and grab more 22rd and some 10rd mags. The MP5 extras will fit the GSG5 and from what I've experienced it was BIG FUN to shoot.

I was going to buy my 15 year old stepson a 10/22 but he decided he wanted the Air Soft SAW M249 Metal full sized rifle. That was $250.00 plus pellets and it too was BIG FUN. Now that he has seen the GSG 5 he wants it but he is too late. This one is mine.

The GSG 5 has a 16'' bbl with a fake surpressor attachment. They say not to do the HK bolt slap because it will wear down too quickly. All in all from what I've experienced it is money well spent. Try one out for size.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: GSG 5 22cal. HK MP5 Clone

I'm seriously considering picking one up around the end of the month (Bonus time!) however I'm seeing some reports of fairly weak accuracy, like 4 inch groups at 50 yards. Is this pretty much what you are seeing as well?

I'll still pick one up as I'm just about out of "fun guns" and a .22 LR version would be perfect for fun plinking and letting my son shoot in a few years.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Chester County)

Before you close the deal on the GSG-5 you may want to look at the 10/22 again. Perhaps something with a Nordic appeal? For the price of a GSG5 you can have a pretty nicely tricked out 10/22.

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=232011
    http://www.nordic-components.com/

Just some food for thought.
    Μολὼν λάβε

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by PisnNapalm View Post
    Before you close the deal on the GSG-5 you may want to look at the 10/22 again. Perhaps something with a Nordic appeal? For the price of a GSG5 you can have a pretty nicely tricked out 10/22.

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=232011
    http://www.nordic-components.com/

Just some food for thought.
    Very cool looking but at 250 for the "receiver" and 200 for the rifle it exceeds the price of the GSG5 (avail for 406 locally) and thats before handguards and stock
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Chester County)

$406 for a GSG5? The price has certainly come down then. I've shot one and it's owner said he paid $525 for his. That was shortly after it was put on the market.

Honestly I prefer my 10/22 to the GSG5. I found the open sights on it difficult to use. They need to be raised a bit.
    Μολὼν λάβε

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by PisnNapalm View Post
    $406 for a GSG5? The price has certainly come down then. I've shot one and it's owner said he paid $525 for his. That was shortly after it was put on the market.

Honestly I prefer my 10/22 to the GSG5. I found the open sights on it difficult to use. They need to be raised a bit.
    I figured I'd throw a cheap scope on it eventually.

http://www.davidsonsinc.com/consumer...c=50&item_num=

406.00 listed so less then 450 total after everything

(Lancaster County)

I have the GSG-5. I love it! I got it from my dealer for a little over $400. I think $500 is a bit steep but you can't rule out the cool factor. I have a red dot on my and it's very accurate. I probably have over 2000 rds thru the GSG with no malfunctions. It's amazing how fast you can blast thru 22 rds!

As far as the 10/22 vs the GSG....my 10/22 hasn't seen daylight since I bought the GSG.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by wizzegun View Post
    As far as the 10/22 vs the GSG....my 10/22 hasn't seen daylight since I bought the GSG.
    Wanna sell the 10/22?
    Μολὼν λάβε

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by spikey614 View Post
    . . . the GSG5's are made under HK licence and quality checks.

You sure about that, Spikey?

IMO it's 'Net rumor, or a puffed-up claim made by the mfr or the importer/distributors.

If HK was truly behind the GSG5, there wouldn't be so many Zamak pot metal alloy die cast bits and pieces in the gun, screws wouldn't be stripping out so readily, and the worse-than-airsoft buttstock wouldn't be cracking so easily.

Noah

(Lancaster County)

Sorry Pis not ready to sell the 10/22....yet It's not like you can't find them anywhere.

I also seriously doubt that HK was behind the GSG-5. GSG is known for airsoft and this is their 1st "real" firearm(or so I was told.) Now does HK get a piece of each GSG sold? I would think they might be upset that you can mount HK mounts to the GSG. I would think there would be copyright issues. What will be interesting is GSG's AK47 .22 clone due out next year. I have a Romanian WASR .22 and its a borderline POS. It works 50% of the time. So twice as much for the GSG .22 AK that works 100% sounds logical.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast