Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Glock extended mag release malfunction

Hey everyone,

I recently installed an extended mag release for my Glock 23 gen4 and while I was at the range the mag kept ejecting while firing. I figured it would be a good mod considering I have small hands and wanted to be able to engage the mag release without compromising my grip. I just switched it back to OEM release, but I haven't had a chance to test it out.

Has anyone had similar issues with this? Could this be caused by operator error?

(Fayette County)

Default Re: Glock extended mag release malfunction

You sure that when the pistol recoils, the mag release isnt hitting your thumb?
    It may be happening without you noticing it.

Seat the mag. Make sure it's locked in, try to pull it out to make sure. Then I would just fire some rounds right hand only. There should be no way you would hit the mag release. The switch to both hands and see if it drops out. I'll bet you are bumping somehow. It could be the new release also. Compare the new part to the old one. The only difference should be the length. If something else looks off, maybe the new one has a problem.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Delaware County)

Thanks guys. I think the problem was my left hand (Right handed) pressing the release when gripping. Maybe I have fat palms, but when I place my left thumb under my right and secured the grip it felt think the palm near the thumb was engaging the release.

It's just weird because I use the same hand position with the OEM part and everything is fine. I'm still learning so maybe my form is off. I'll try to get a pic posted of my grip so you guys can let me know.

Smile Re: Glock extended mag release malfunction

If you have tried what YODER above says the mag release may have to be tweaked a bit,that is shave off a bit so its better that the oem but not sticking out as much as the extended release ! JMO/MDT

(Delaware County)

Here is a photo for how I grip with my left hand. I had to just my right hand to take the photo, so just imagine my right hand there. As you can see the meaty part of my palm cover the release. Usually it is no problem. However, with the extended release and me gripping tightly the realize was engaged.

I guess I could to a work around, but I just wonder if it is worth it. Also, this is my EDC so I don't want to mess around with it too much.

By they way this is the OEM part.
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Lawrence County)

That grip doesn't look right.

Lycanneedsideanglethrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

I would put the stock magazine release back in if you are carrying this Glock. I suspect you are inadvertently bumping it as well.

(Lawrence County)

If it's a grip issue he could possibly drop it if he clamps down under stress as well....even with the stock release. Not that I'm opposed to changing hardware. I've taken files to releases to cut an angle so they can't drop when laying flat on a table.

Lycandremellovethrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Delaware County)

Lycanthrope - If you could give me some tips on how to improve my grip I would appreciate it. Below is a picture of my current grip. It's hard for me to take a photo of my self, so just imagine that my right thumb is on top of the left like in this pic. Also, I had to till my left hand out so you could see where the release is in relation to my palm. That my be the problem you're seeing

ar15jules- Thanks bud. I did right after I had the problem and the range. I always go to range and test out mods before I carry.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast