Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Northampton County)

Default Northampton County Sheriff

I called and they said drop off the paperwork, they will run a background check, I think call the local police? Not sure, that part was a little confusing. But if the paperwork is complete and they find no reason to deny you the Sheriff will sign and you can come pick it up or they can mail it to you.

I didn't ask about the new Sheriff specifically, but he's been there since August so I would guess they would know by now if he didn't sign.

Anybody been through this with the new Sheriff?

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Northampton County Sheriff

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    I called and they said drop off the paperwork, they will run a background check, I think call the local police? Not sure, that part was a little confusing. But if the paperwork is complete and they find no reason to deny you the Sheriff will sign and you can come pick it up or they can mail it to you.

I didn't ask about the new Sheriff specifically, but he's been there since August so I would guess they would know by now if he didn't sign.

Anybody been through this with the new Sheriff?
    I did back in April. It took them about 4 weeks, but the holdup was on my local PD. The sheriff faxes a letter to the local PD they have to fill out and fax back. I don't know what the letter contains but my super small town PD took forever. Outside that, I had no issues.

ETA - the guy at the sheriff's office said the sheriff will not sign off until the local PD sends the letter back... I also asked them to call me and I will pick it up, but they mailed it to me instead.