Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default OCing around scranton this week...

...has been pretty uneventful. my week has consisted of going to Nay Aug Park almost every day (because McDade Park is posted; that's another thread), going to McDonald's, Burger King, and, wouldn't you know it, the Old Country Buffet! and you know what? DCPD didn't show up! nobody freaked out, no one called the police, and no one, except the girlfriend, asked me to CC. how funny is that?

i got into a few conversations with people during the course of the week; one in McDonald's, with 3 gentlemen. we spoke for a few minutes, and my kids kept chiming in: "my dad's gonna buy me a rifle when i'm big!" i also spoke to two women in Price Chopper's in Taylor; one mentioned she had her LTCF, but it was a pain to wear a sweater in 80 degree weather, so she's been thinking of OCing. i handed her one of our fliers, and we spoke for another few minutes.

i only had one negative experience; it was yesterday, in the parking lot of Mr. Z's in southside Scranton. i was pushing a cart to the minivan, with the kids and the g/f in tow, when some guy in a SUV yelled out: "yo! YO! what are you doing?!?"

i turned and saw him sitting in the passenger seat, and another guy behind the wheel. "i dunno...putting my groceries in my van?"

"what the hell's a mattah wit you? you got that gun hangin outta your pants, and dey's kids in the store..."

"actually, it's in a holster, hanging on my pants..."

"whattayou, retahded? you know what the f*ck i'm sayin!! dem kids in dey ain't gotta see dat. you f*ckin freak!"

i went from being amused to a little irate, with this guy using that language in front of my kids. "first of all, my kids don't seem to mind. second of all, i shop in 'dey' all the time, and the management is okay with it. third, nobody has freaked out like you are now. lastly, don't use that language in front of my kids again. seriously."

i turned and put the bags in the van, while Anna put the kids in the van. the guy kept muttering something to his buddy, then yelled out, "you wanna carry dat ting, cover it up or some shit, don't nobody gotta see it, ya retahd. keep that shit at home. this ain't freakin harlem!"

i turned and snapped, "why did you say harlem? what the hell's that supposed to mean? did you assume i was from harlem? what's your problem?" I heard Anna behind me, giggling.

the guy got redfaced. "look, yer out here scaring the crap outta people. don't nobody gotta deal wit dat. it aint right, scaring the little kids an all. maybe yer kids aint bothered, but thats yore kids. everybody aint got yore kids. ya need tah cover dat up, or somethin."

"look, buddy, if you don't like guns, that's fine. i have an easy solution for you: don't buy one. and if you don't like anyone else having guns, that's easy, too: vote for barack obama." Anna burst out laughing at that. "but you don't have the right to be yelling at me, in front of my kids, like an animal. that's a real grown up way of dealing with things..."

"shaddup," he snarled.

"right. you're the one cursing, yelling, and acting like some ignorant yahoo with a defective chromosone..."

"a what?!"

"chro-mo-sone. you're acting like a yahoo with a defective chromosone, but i'm the guy with the problem? whatever. have a nice day..."

"ya retard..."

i got in the van, and left. Anna was laughing about it until late last night. well, it was kind of funny.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: OCing around scranton this week...

Now how smart is it to be arguing with a man with a gun...... he;s gotta be a few slices short of a loaf......
    "...The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded...It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force."
    Marko Kloos 2007

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by lprgcFrank View Post
    Now how smart is it to be arguing with a man with a gun...... he;s gotta be a few slices short of a loaf......
    Well, he know what "retard" meant, so yeah, he's probably hear it quite a few times from other people.............ABOUT HIM!!!
    C.R.

(The Invisible Poster)

Quote Originally Posted by jahwarrior72 View Post
    ...has been pretty uneventful. my week has consisted of going to Nay Aug Park almost every day
    i only had one negative experience; it was yesterday, in the parking lot of Mr. Z's in southside Scranton. i was pushing a cart to the minivan, with the kids and the g/f in tow, when some guy in a SUV yelled out: "yo! YO! what are you doing?!?"

i turned and saw him sitting in the passenger seat, and another guy behind the wheel. "i dunno...putting my groceries in my van?"

"what the hell's a mattah wit you? you got that gun hangin outta your pants, and dey's kids in the store..."

"actually, it's in a holster, hanging on my pants..."

"whattayou, retahded? you know what the f*ck i'm sayin!! dem kids in dey ain't gotta see dat. you f*ckin freak!"

i went from being amused to a little irate, with this guy using that language in front of my kids. "first of all, my kids don't seem to mind. second of all, i shop in 'dey' all the time, and the management is okay with it. third, nobody has freaked out like you are now. lastly, don't use that language in front of my kids again. seriously."

i turned and put the bags in the van, while Anna put the kids in the van. the guy kept muttering something to his buddy, then yelled out, "you wanna carry dat ting, cover it up or some shit, don't nobody gotta see it, ya retahd. keep that shit at home. this ain't freakin harlem!"

i turned and snapped, "why did you say harlem? what the hell's that supposed to mean? did you assume i was from harlem? what's your problem?" I heard Anna behind me, giggling.

the guy got redfaced. "look, yer out here scaring the crap outta people. don't nobody gotta deal wit dat. it aint right, scaring the little kids an all. maybe yer kids aint bothered, but thats yore kids. everybody aint got yore kids. ya need tah cover dat up, or somethin."

"look, buddy, if you don't like guns, that's fine. i have an easy solution for you: don't buy one. and if you don't like anyone else having guns, that's easy, too: vote for barack obama." Anna burst out laughing at that. "but you don't have the right to be yelling at me, in front of my kids, like an animal. that's a real grown up way of dealing with things..."

"shaddup," he snarled.

"right. you're the one cursing, yelling, and acting like some ignorant yahoo with a defective chromosone..."

"a what?!"

"chro-mo-sone. you're acting like a yahoo with a defective chromosone, but i'm the guy with the problem? whatever. have a nice day..."

"ya retard..."

i got in the van, and left. Anna was laughing about it until late last night. well, it was kind of funny.
    Not ever getting up your way...where does the name Nay Aug Park come from? Is it an abbreviation for something...someone's name??

The guy who told you to cover up your gun...just to be clear here now...he is not a proponent of open carrying, right?

I think you nailed it...he's calling you retarded and all... and HE is the one yelling and cursing and acting like a jerk and probably scaring kids. What a moron

I'm a little bit worried about the cognitive dissonance, jahwarrior72...

He was worried about the offensiveness of the firearm, and you were worried about the offensiveness of the cursing...

and neither of you were right.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
    Not ever getting up your way...where does the name Nay Aug Park come from? Is it an abbreviation for something...someone's name??

The guy who told you to cover up your gun...just to be clear here now...he is not a proponent of open carrying, right?

I think you nailed it...he's calling you retarded and all... and HE is the one yelling and cursing and acting like a jerk and probably scaring kids. What a moron
    I don't know where the name came from but its name nay aug park. There is a small zoo there, a museum, pools. When I was a kid there was an amusement park.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Susquehanna County)

Best way to deal with people like that is pay no mind to them. Ignore them that really make them mad.

DC

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

LMAO, I'd pay to see that scene! Sounds like he was high on something, been drinking, or is just a plain loony tune. Oh the irony too, he cusses 4 letter words in front of your kids, yet says the gun is a no-no in front of kids.

I don't know about plain ignoring some of these type people, his urge to be an attention whore ass may make him get out and up in your face, rather than just shout out a car window. He didn't seem to be scared of your being armed at all. I'd hate to see someone totally ignore someone like that, and have them come out and start towards you in some threatening manner and you have to draw on them. But then they might do that if you do reply to them- never can tell with these types.
    LOL, I am a woman...

(Venango County)

Was that a philly accent? If so, should have asked if he were on domelights!
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Damage control View Post
    Best way to deal with people like that is pay no mind to them. Ignore them that really make them mad.
    I agree.

My (unsolicited) advice is to give the impression that you are ignoring them, while in reality keeping close watch out of your peripheral on these jokers.
    I would probably have one hand on my OC (on keychain which makes it inconspicuous) and my strong hand empty as possible and make haste away from there.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast