Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Manchin Pulls Out of West Virginia’s Governor Race After Gun Control Backlash

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...governor-race/

On Sunday, Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) appeared on CBS’s Face The Nation to announce the he has decided not to run for governor of West Virginia in 2016.

Ironically, Manchin’s announcement comes just two weeks after The State reported that the NRA’s Chris Cox said, “The NRA is more popular than Joe Manchin in West Virginia.”

Manchin’s gun control reputation precedes him. He opposed recent efforts in the state to establish Constitutional Carry by doing away with a concealed carry permit requirement. He did this by suggesting the Second Amendment is not a sufficient carry license. He believes people have to be “properly trained” before they can exercise their right to keep and bear arms.

Manchin was also the point man for gun control in the months after the heinous attack on Sandy Hook Elementary. He pushed a system of expanded backgrounds, which would have banned private gun sales, minus a handful of exceptions, and then admitted the expanded checks would not have stopped the Sandy Hook attack from happening had they been in place.

Manchin was the governor of West Virginia, but left that office in 2010 to fill the vacancy left by the death of Senator Robert Byrd (D-WV). He won his governorship by campaigning on guns, rather than gun control, and used guns in the campaign ads for his Senate run, according to the Christian Science Monitor.

But he is now the poster-child for gun control in this country.

He reflected on his years Governor, then told Schieffer:

I thought maybe I could take that same can-do attitude, that same commonsense approach to Washington. I will be first to tell you I didn’t think it would be this difficult. And it’s been challenging. But I think we have made some inroads. I really believe that we have changed the whole process, to a certain extent, in the Senate to where we’re willing to put our country first.

Bottom line: Manchin is not going to try to win a election in gun-loving West Virginia in 2016.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Wayne County)

Default Re: Manchin Pulls Out of West Virginia’s Governor Race After Gun Control Backlash

I hope the people of WV do turn him out in 2016, now how do we get rid of Casey?

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: Manchin Pulls Out of West Virginia’s Governor Race After Gun Control Backlash

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    I hope the people of WV do turn him out in 2016, now how do we get rid of Casey?
    Vote early, vote often.

Soap Box - Worn out : Ballot Box - Broken : Jury Box - Pending : Ammunition Box - Unknown

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...governor-race/

On Sunday, Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) appeared on CBS’s Face The Nation to announce the he has decided not to run for governor of West Virginia in 2016.

Ironically, Manchin’s announcement comes just two weeks after The State reported that the NRA’s Chris Cox said, “The NRA is more popular than Joe Manchin in West Virginia.”

Manchin’s gun control reputation precedes him. He opposed recent efforts in the state to establish Constitutional Carry by doing away with a concealed carry permit requirement. He did this by suggesting the Second Amendment is not a sufficient carry license. He believes people have to be “properly trained” before they can exercise their right to keep and bear arms.
    Truth comes out. Once a dem, always a dem. Next week he'll support the proud traditions of hunting and self defense in the home but want limits on magazines and a semiautomatic firearm ban.

(Warren County)

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    Let's not forget his partner in failed duplicity, Mr. Bipartisan himself, Pat Toomey.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by markshere2 View Post
    Let's not forget his partner in failed duplicity, Mr. Bipartisan himself, Pat Toomey.
    Oh, he's done.

But you'll miss him when he's gone.

(Chester County)

Toomey is probably just finding out that Rendell lied to him about that new job for his support for the zerobama gun registration scheme. Manchin is finding out his support cost him his place too but they all expected that the new gun registration scheme to pass. Manchin is phony and Toomey is a dupe. He reminds me of the car salesman in the movie Fargo.

Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Warren County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    Oh, he's done.

Please elaborate? Who's gonna primary against him?
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Manchin Pulls Out of West VirginiaÂ’s Governor Race After Gun Control Backlash

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    Oh, he's done.

Yep. He effed up but if gunowners run we'll get a D, and that will mean disaster as usual
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

It surprised me he is staying in DC after he promised to change the world and could not, then maybe he decided he was the same crap that was already there why not stay, he probably figures he can join in with others of his own thinking and then blame them for his indiscretions.
    Maybe with some of the political change in WV he figured he will set this one out. The problem is trying to find another candidate that is not just as bad as he is and get the people of WV to vote.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast